April Bailey, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Radiology and Women’s Imaging, and Obstetrics and Gynecology at UT Southwestern, and a member of the Abdominal Imaging Division. Her clinical interests include ultrasound and magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the female pelvis, in gravid and non-gravid states.
I enjoy using images to explain conditions to patients and also to help my obstetric and gynecologic colleagues provide advanced patient care.
Dr. Bailey earned her medical degree from Tulane University School of Medicine, and completed her residency training in radiology at UT Southwestern. She then remained at UT Southwestern to receive advanced training through a fellowship program in Women’s Imaging.
At UT Southwestern, Dr. Bailey provides clinical abdominal imaging services at Parkland Hospital, Clements University Hospital, and Zale Lipshy University Hospital. She performs gynecologic and obstetric ultrasound on campus and also performs fetal MRI for many maternal fetal medicine specialists in north Texas. She also serves as the Program Director of the Women’s Imaging Fellowship and is a primary member of the Gynecology-Oncology Tumor Board.
Dr. Bailey focuses her research on using imaging techniques to diagnose and understand conditions of the female pelvis. She has co-authored 15 original research articles since 2012, and contributed to six textbooks.
Dr. Bailey is also a member of multiple national and international professional organizations, including the Radiological Society of North America, American College of Radiology, American Roentgen Ray Society, American Association for Women Radiologists, American Board of Radiology, and the Texas Medical Association.
Dr. Bailey devotes much of her free time to her young, growing family. She enjoys exploring the restaurants of Dallas, travel, wine country and relaxing on the beach.
- Medical School
- Tulane University School of Medicine (2007)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2012), Radiology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2013), Radiology/women's Imaging
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Senior Radiology Resident
UT Southwestern Medical Center (2012)
- Chief Radiology Resident
UT Southwestern Medical Center (2011)
- Caring in Action Award
Dallas VA Hospital (2009)
- AOA Honor Medical Society
Tulane University School of Medicine (2007)
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society
- American Association for Women Radiologists
- American Board of Radiology
- American College of Radiology
- American Medical Association
- American Roentgen Ray Society
- Association of University Radiologists
- Dallas County Medical Society
- Radiological Society of North America
- Texas Medical Association