Adnan A. Alatoom M.D., Ph.D. is currently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pathology. His sub-specialties include Microbiology, Virology and Serology.. He has served as the Assistant Director of the clinical Microbiology fellowship program; Associate Director of the UT Southwestern Medical Center and Parkland Hospital Microbiology laboratories; and, Director of UT Southwestern Medical Center virology laboratory since July of 2011.
|Medical School||Jordan University of Science & Technology (2000), Medicine|
|Graduate School||Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (2007), Microbiology|
- Microbiology, Clinical and Molecular
- VceR negatively regulates the vceCAB MDR efflux operon and positively regulates its own synthesis in Vibrio cholerae 569B.
- Alatoom AA, Aburto R, Hamood AN, Colmer-Hamood JA Can J Microbiol 53 2007 888-999
- Identification of Non-diphtheriae Corynebacterium Using MALDI-TOF Mass Spectrometry
- Adnan A. Alatoom, Charles J. Cazanave, Scott A. Cunningham, Sherry M. Ihde, and Robin Pate J. Clin. Microbiol November 2011 doi:10.1128/JCM.05889-11.
- Comparison of direct colony method versus extraction method for identification of Gram-positive cocci by use of Bruker Biotyper matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization-time of flight mass spectrometry
- Alatoom, A. A., S. A. Cunningham, S. M. Ihde, J. Mandrekar, R. Patel J Clin Microbiol 2011 49 2868-2873
- Q Fever Over 75 Years: What Have We Achieved?
- Adnan Alatoom, Rhea Sumpter, Jr, Jessica N. Ricaldi, Rita M. Gander. American Society of Clinical Pathology Check Sample 2010 MB10 7
- Fatal Cerebral Hemorrhage in a Patient with CD19-positive IgM-producing Aggressive Plasma Cell Myeloma, Hyperviscosity Syndrome and Cryoglobulinemia
- Alatoom A, Elsabrouty R, Willis J, Boils C, Sarode R, Hashim I, Wang HY Int J Clin Exp Pathol 2009 5 2 498-507
- An Overview of Arboviruses and Bunyaviruses.
- Alatoom A, Payne D Lab Med 2009 40 237-240
- Fascioliasis in Pregnancy
- Alatoom A, Sheffield J, Gander R, Shaw J, Cavuoti D Obstetrics & Gynecology 2008 112 483-485
- Fasciola Hepatica Infection in the United States
- Alatoom A, Cavuoti D, Southern P, Gander R Lab Med 2008 39 425-428
Molecular Microbiology of Transplantation Chapter by Adnan Alatoom and Robin Patel.. In Molecular Genetic Pathology. von Herausgeber: Liang Cheng; David Zhang: John N. Eble. 2nd edition. 2012
- American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) (2010-2011)
- College of American Pathologists (CAP) (2008-2011)
- American Society of Microbiology (ASM) (2001-2011)