|Medical School||Saint Louis University (2007)|
|Internship||University of Texas Southwestern Medical School (2008), Internal Medicine|
|Residency||University of Texas Southwestern Medical School (2011), Neurology|
|Fellowship||University of Texas Southwestern Medical School (2013), Neurocritical Care|
- Coagulation Disorders in Acute Neurologic Injury
- Intracranial Monitoring
- Medical Education & Simulation
- Predicting Traumatic Coma Emergence with DTI and fMRI
- Traumatic Brain Injury
- Emergency and Critical Care Management of Acute Ischaemic Stroke.
- Figueroa SA, Zhao W, Aiyagari V CNS Drugs 2014 Nov
- Clinical and radiological outcomes following traumatic Grade 3 and 4 vertebral artery injuries: a 10-year retrospective analysis from a Level I trauma center. The Parkland Carotid and Vertebral Artery Injury Survey.
- Scott WW, Sharp S, Figueroa SA, Eastman AL, Hatchette CV, Madden CJ, Rickert KL J. Neurosurg. 2014 Oct 1-6
- Clinical Q & A: Translating therapeutic temperature management from theory to practice.
- Bader MK, Guanci MM, Figueroa SA, Leary M, Baumann JJ, Livesay S, Ray TD Ther Hypothermia Temp Manag 2014 Sep 4 3 145-8
- Clinical and radiological outcomes following traumatic Grade 1 and 2 vertebral artery injuries: a 10-year retrospective analysis from a Level 1 trauma center.
- Scott WW, Sharp S, Figueroa SA, Madden CJ, Rickert KL J. Neurosurg. 2014 Jun 1-7
- Utility of thromboelastography in traumatic brain injury and the neuroscience intensive care unit.
- Figueroa SA, Merriman-Noesges K J Neurosci Nurs 2014 Apr 46 2 66-70
- Nursing collaboration: a key element in debunking neurocritical care myths.
- Olson DM, Figueroa SA Curr Opin Crit Care 2014 Feb
Honors & Awards
- Roger Rosenberg Outstanding Fellow Award
- Hal D. Unwin Neurology Resident Award for Outstanding Clinical Performance
- American Stroke Association (2013)
- Society of Critical Care Medicine (2011-2014)
- Texas Medical Society (2011-2014)
- Neurocritical Care Society (2009-2014)
- American Academy of Neurology (2006-2014)