Dr. Nguyen is originally from Southern California and received her initial medical training at the University of California, San Diego. Drawn by the opportunity to integrate strong clinical training with caring for the underserved in an academic setting, she completed her internal medicine residency at UT Southwestern. Following residency, she completed a primary care research fellowship at the University of California, San Francisco. Dr. Nguyen brings to UT Southwestern a strong background in health services research, with training in clinical epidemiology, biostatistics, and implementation and dissemination sciences. She currently specializes in internal medicine, with a focus on patient-centered care across both the inpatient and outpatient settings. Outside of medicine, she is a food enthusiast, an avid reader, and an aspiring cyclist, hiker and traveler.
- Medical School
- University of California, San Diego Medical Center (2007)
- University of Texas Southwestern Medical School (2010), Internal Medicine
- UCSF/San Francisco General Hospital (2013), Internal Medicine
- Care Coordination
- Care Transitions
- Health Information Technology
- High Users of Health Care
- Implementation Science
- Hospital-initiated transitional care interventions as a patient safety strategy: a systematic review.
- Rennke S, Nguyen OK, Shoeb MH, Magan Y, Wachter RM, Ranji SR Ann. Intern. Med. 2013 Mar 158 5 Pt 2 433-40
- Identifying patients with diabetes and the earliest date of diagnosis in real time: an electronic health record case-finding algorithm.
- Makam AN, Nguyen OK, Moore B, Ma Y, Amarasingham R BMC Med Inform Decis Mak 2013 13 81
Honors & Awards
- Lipkin Award Finalist
Best oral presentation by a junior investigator, SGIM Annual Meeting (2012)
- Society of General Internal Medicine (2010)