Dr. Chul Ahn obtained his MS degree in Operations Research from Georgia Institute of Technology in 1982, and MS and PhD degrees in Statistics from Carnegie Mellon University in 1986. He previously worked as a faculty at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, City of Hope National Medical Center and the University of Texas Medical School at Houston.
Dr. Ahn is a Professor at the department of Clinical Sciences, Director of Key Functions in "Biostatistics, Epidemiology and Research Design" of CTSA (Clinical and Translational Science Award), and Director of Biostatistics Core at the Simmons Comprehensive Cancer Center. He has more than 290 peer-reviewed publications, including many methodological papers addressing the design and analysis of clinical trials and the evaluation of repeated measurements and correlated data.
Dr. Ahn has been a member of numerous Data and Safety Monitoring Committees and served on numerous study sections and grant review panels of the NIH, National Science Foundation, Department of Defense, and Centers for Disease Control. He worked as a PI of the Biostatistics and Data Management Core of the NIH-funded SCCOR center grant, and multi-center studies.
|Undergraduate||Seoul National University - Korea (1979), Engineering|
|Graduate School||Carnegie Mellon University (1983), Statistics|
|Graduate School||Carnegie Mellon University (1986), Statistics|
- Collaborative studies
- Design and analysis of clinical trials
- Epidemiologic studies
- Repeated measurement and clustered data
- Sample size for repeated binary measurements using GEE
- Jung S, Ahn C. Statistics in Medicine 2005 24 2583-2596
- Effect of dropout on sample size estimates on trends across repeated measurements
- Ahn C, Jung S. Journal of Biopharmaceutical Statistics 2005 15 33-41
- Exact test for one sample correlated binary data
- Kang SH, Chung S, Ahn C. Biometrical Journal 2005 47 188-193
- Effect of correlation and missing data on sample size estimation in longitudinal clinical trials
- Zhang S, Ahn C. Pharmaceutical Statistics in press
- Optimal biological dose in molecular targeted therapies
- Ahn C, Kang SH, Xie Y. Encyclopedia in Clinical Trials 2008 Volume 3 309-317
- Tests for the homogeneity of two binomial proportions in extremely unbalanced 2 x 2 contigency tables
- Kang SH, Ahn C. Statistics in Medicine 2008 27 2524-2535
- Pharmacogenomics in drug discovery and development
- Ahn C. Genomics & Informatics June 2007 5(2) 41-45