Dr. Hamao-Sakamoto is an Assistant Professor in the Division of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, having joined the faculty at The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in 2007. She came from Meikai University School of Dentistry in Japan where she went to dental school, trained in oral and maxillofacial surgery, and completed a doctorate in Dentistry. Dr. Hamao-Sakamoto’s clinical interests are in dento-alveolar surgeries, maxillofacial patholoy, and dentofacial deformities. Her research interest is histopathological character of oral and maxillofacial disease.
|Medical School||Meikai University School of Dentistry (1996)|
|Internship||Meikai University School of Dentistry (1997), Dentistry|
|Residency||Meikai University School of Dentistry (2002), Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery|
|Graduate School||Meikai University School of Dentistry (2003)|
|Fellowship||Meikai University School of Dentistry (2004), Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery|
- Facial Fractures
- Facial Skeletal Deformity (Anomaly of Jaw Size)
- Oral Pathology of Hard & Soft Tissue
- Reconstruction of Jaw or Dental Defect
- Tooth Extraction & Pain
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Oral and Maxiollofacial Pathology
- Expression of cancer-related gene product in squamous cell carcinoma and epithelial dysplasia of the oral cavity
- Hamao A. Meikai Univ Dent J. 2004 33 36-49
- Clinical evaluation of reconstructive procedure with microvascular free tissure transfer for oral and maxillofacial defect.
- Hamao A., Kagaya M., Shigematsu H., Suzuki S., Fukuda M., Magoshi S., Aiura Y., Yokozuka Y., Ino T., Ichioka., Nakatsuka S., T and Sakashita H Meikai Univ Dent J 2005 34 1-9
- Expression of RCAS1 and its function in human squamous cell carcinoma of the oral cavity
- Fukuda M., Tanaka A., Hamao A., Suzuki S., Kusama K. and Sakashita H. Oncology Reports 2004 12 259-267
- A case of follicular-type acinic cell carcinoma arising in the buccal mucosa-Histopathological and immnohistochemical studies-.
- Hamao A., Okada M., Fukuda M., Suzuki S., Kusama K. and Sakashita H Jpn J Oral Maxillofac Surg 2003 49 578-581
- A case of extensive erythroplakia in the oral mucosa.
- Hamao A., Fukuda M., Tanaka A., Kitada M., Shigemastu H., Suzuki S, Kusama K. and Sakashita Oral Med Pathol. 2002 7 47-51
- Imunohistochemical studies of oral squamouscell carcinoma using of anti-humanpapilloma virus antibody.
- Hamao A., Fukuda M., Tanaka A., Kitada M., Suzuki S., Kusama K., Yamamoto Y.and Sakashita H. Jpn J Oral Diag/Oral Med 2002 15 8-12
- Asian Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- Japan society of Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Japanese Cancer Association
- Japanese Society of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons