- Medical School
- Seth G.S. Medical College (1994)
- Seth G.S. Medical College and K.E.M. Hospital (1998), Pediatrics
- The Canberra Hospital, University of Sydney (2000), Neonatal-perinatal Medicine
- Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health (2002), Pediatrics & Child Health
- Brown University/Rhode Island Hospital (2005), Pediatrics
- Evidence-based medicine
- Family-centered rounds
- Healthcare IT
- Quality improvement
- Value-based care
- Long length of hospital stay in children with medical complexity.
- Gold JM, Hall M, Shah SS, Thomson J, Subramony A, Mahant S, Mittal V, Wilson KM, Morse R, Mussman GM, Hametz P, Montalbano A, Parikh K, Ishman S, O'Neill M, Berry JG J Hosp Med 2016 Jul
- Pediatric Hospital Discharges to Home Health and Postacute Facility Care: A National Study.
- Berry JG, Hall M, Dumas H, Simpser E, Whitford K, Wilson KM, O'Neill M, Mittal V, Agrawal R, Dribbon M, Haines CJ, Traul C, Marks M, O'Brien J JAMA Pediatr 2016 Apr 170 4 326-33
- Improved Magnetic Resonance Imaging Utilization for Children with Musculoskeletal Infection.
- Mueller AJ, Kwon JK, Steiner JW, Mittal VS, Fernandes NJ, Jo CH, Lindsay EA, Copley LA J Bone Joint Surg Am 2015 Nov 97 22 1869-76
- Comparative Effectiveness of Dexamethasone versus Prednisone in Children Hospitalized with Asthma.
- Parikh K, Hall M, Mittal V, Montalbano A, Gold J, Mahant S, Wilson KM, Shah SS J. Pediatr. 2015 Sep 167 3 639-44.e1
- Association of National Guidelines With Tonsillectomy Perioperative Care and Outcomes.
- Mahant S, Hall M, Ishman SL, Morse R, Mittal V, Mussman GM, Gold J, Montalbano A, Srivastava R, Wilson KM, Shah SS Pediatrics 2015 Jul 136 1 53-60
- Establishing Benchmarks for the Hospitalized Care of Children With Asthma, Bronchiolitis, and Pneumonia.
- Parikh K, Hall M, Mittal V, Montalbano A, Mussman GM, Morse RB, Hain P, Wilson KM, Shah SS Pediatrics 2014 Aug
- Family-centered rounds.
- Mittal V Pediatr. Clin. North Am. 2014 Aug 61 4 663-70
- Impact of Inpatient Bronchiolitis Clinical Practice Guideline Implementation on Testing and Treatment.
- Mittal V, Hall M, Morse R, Wilson KM, Mussman G, Hain P, Montalbano A, Parikh K, Mahant S, Shah SS J. Pediatr. 2014 Jun
- Inpatient Bronchiolitis Guideline Implementation and Resource Utilization.
- Mittal V, Darnell C, Walsh B, Mehta A, Badawy M, Morse R, Pop R, Tidwell J, Sheehan M, McDermott S, Cannon C, Kahn J Pediatrics 2014 Feb
- Family-centered rounds: a decade of growth.
- Mittal V Hosp Pediatr 2014 Jan 4 1 6-8
Diseases Unique to the Newborn. In Shah SS, Alverson B, Ronan J, eds. Step-Up to Pediatrics.
Mittal V. (2014). Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 391-430.
Honors & Awards
- Best Doctors in Dallas
D Magazine (2016)
- President Elect, Medical Dental Staff
Children's Medical Center Dallas (2016)
- Core Clerkship Teaching Award
UT Southwestern Medical School (2011)
- Faculty Teaching Award
Pediatric Residency Program, UT Southwestern Medical School (2010-2012)
- Faculty Teaching Award
Saint Peter's University Hospital, NJ (2006)
- Co-Chair, Inpatient Operational Committee
Saint Peter's University Hospital, New Brunswick, NJ (2005-2007)
- Member of Educational Committee
Saint Peter's University Hospital Pediatric Residency Program, New Brunswick, NJ (2005-2007)
- Resident Teaching Award
Hasbro Children's Hospital, Brown Medical School, Providence, RI (2004)
- Senior Registrar (Chief Resident)
Department of Pediatrics, KEM Hospital, Mumbai, India (0)
- PHM Inaugural Pediatric Hospital Medicine Certification Group (2016)
- Academic Pediatric Association (2007)
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Fellow (2006)