- Undergraduate School
- University of North Texas (1980)
- Graduate School
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (1992), Physical Therapy
- Graduate School
- Regis University (2006), Physical Therapy
- Gait Abnormalities/Assessment
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Locomotor treadmill training and gait recovery after stroke
- Role of orthoses on gait in persons with neurologic gait dysfunction
- Excellent outcomes for adults who experienced early standardized treadmill training during acute phase of recovery from stroke: a case series.
- McCain KJ, Smith PS, Polo FE, Coleman SC, Baker S Top Stroke Rehabil 2011 Jul-Aug 18 4 428-36
- Locomotor treadmill training with partial body-weight support before overground gait in adults with acute stroke: a pilot study.
- McCain KJ, Pollo FE, Baum BS, Coleman SC, Baker S, Smith PS Arch Phys Med Rehabil 2008 Apr 89 4 684-91
- Gait recovery in a girl with ischemic spinal cord stroke.
- McCain KJ, Farrar M, Smith PS Pediatr Phys Ther 2015 27 2 190-9
- Ankle foot orthosis selection to facilitate gait recovery in adults post stroke: a case series.
- McCain KJ, Smith PS, Querry R. JPO 2012 24 111-121
- Locomotor treadmill training with body-weight support prior to over-ground gait: promoting symmetrical gait in a subject with acute stroke.
- McCain KJ, Smith PS Top Stroke Rehabil 2007 Sep-Oct 14 5 18-27
Honors & Awards
- New Investigator Award
For excellence in research, UTSW School of Health Professions (2013)
- Leadership in Practice Award, Regis University, Denver, CO
Awarded upon completion of Doctor of Physical Therapy degree (2006)
- Excellence in Allied Health Award
Baylor Healthcare System (2004)
- Member Alpha Eta Honor Society
Allied Health honor society (1993)
- Marge Barre Scholarship for Outstanding Academic Achievement,
UT Southwestern Physical Therapy Program (1992)
- Amer Board of Physical Therapy Specialties