Dr. Gupta is originally from India and received his initial medical training at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Delhi, India. Drawn by the opportunity to practice clinical medicine and conduct epidemiological research, he completed a Masters in Clinical Sciences, as well as his congestive heart failure and cardiovascular diseases fellowship at the UT Southwestern Medical Center. As a congestive heart failure specialist, Dr. Gupta takes care of patients with advanced heart failure at the Dallas VA Medical Center.
- All India Institute of Medical (2002), Medicine
- Graduate School
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2010)
- Subclinical cardiac structural and functional abnormalities
- Left atrial structure and function and clinical outcomes in the general population.
- Gupta S, Matulevicius SA, Ayers CR, Berry JD, Patel PC, Markham DW, Levine BD, Chin KM, de Lemos JA, Peshock RM, Drazner MH Eur. Heart J. 2013 Jan 34 4 278-85
- Cardiorespiratory fitness and classification of risk of cardiovascular disease mortality.
- Gupta S, Rohatgi A, Ayers CR, Willis BL, Haskell WL, Khera A, Drazner MH, de Lemos JA, Berry JD Circulation 2011 Apr 123 13 1377-83
Honors & Awards
- American College of Cardiology Foundation/Bristol-Myers Squibb Award
- Elizabeth Barrett-Connor Young Investigator Award
American Heart Association (2010)
- American College of Cardiology (2007)