Dr. Bruce J. Schlomer received his medical degree from Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis. He completed his urological surgery residency at University of Texas Southwestern in Dallas, TX and his fellowship training in pediatric urology at University of California San Francisco.
Dr. Schlomer is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Urology at University of Texas Southwestern Medical School. He is interested in the management and reconstructive surgery for genitourinary conditions such as undescended testis, congenital penile anomalies such as hypospadias, prenatal hydronephrosis, vesicoureteral reflux, ureteropelvic junction obstruction, urinary tract infections, neurogenic bladder, and pediatric kidney stone disease. He also has extensive training and interest in minimally invasive surgeries including robotic assisted surgeries such as robotic assisted laparoscopic pyeloplasty.
Dr. Schlomer, his wife, and two daughters live in Dallas
- Medical School
- Washington University College of Medicine (2006)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2007), Urology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2011), Urology
- University of California San Francisco (2013), Pediatric Urology
- Barriers to transition in young adults with neurogenic bladder.
- Grimsby GM, Burgess R, Culver S, Schlomer BJ, Jacobs MA J Pediatr Urol 2016 May
- Which Way for Waterproofing?
- Schlomer BJ, Morey AF Eur. Urol. 2016 Mar
- Diagnosing Testicular Torsion before Urologic Consultation and Imaging: A Validation of the TWIST Score.
- Sheth KR, Keays M, Grimsby GM, Granberg CF, Menon VS, DaJusta DG, Ostrov L, Hill M, Sanchez E, Kuppermann D, Harrison CB, Jacobs MA, Huang R, Burgu B, Hennes H, Schlomer BJ, Baker LA J. Urol. 2016 Jan
- Perioperative and Short-Term Outcomes of Robotic vs Open Bladder Neck Procedures in Patients with Neurogenic Incontinence.
- Grimsby GM, Jacobs MA, Menon V, Schlomer BJ, Gargollo PC J. Urol. 2015 Nov
- Do adult men with untreated ventral penile curvature have adverse outcomes?
- Menon V, Breyer B, Copp HL, Baskin L, Disandro M, Schlomer BJ J Pediatr Urol 2015 Oct
- Long Term Outcomes of Bladder Neck Reconstruction without Augmentation Cystoplasty in Children.
- Grimsby GM, Menon V, Schlomer BJ, Baker LA, Adams R, Gargollo PC, Jacobs MA J. Urol. 2015 Jul
- The incidence of erectile dysfunction after pelvic fracture urethral injury: A systematic review and meta-analysis.
- Blaschko SD, Sanford MT, Schlomer BJ, Alwaal A, Yang G, Villalta JD, Wessells H, McAninch JW, Breyer BN Arab J Urol 2015 Mar 13 1 68-74
- Cumulative incidence of outcomes and urologic procedures after augmentation cystoplasty.
- Schlomer BJ, Copp HL J Pediatr Urol 2014 Apr
- Secondary data analysis of large data sets in urology: successes and errors to avoid.
- Schlomer BJ, Copp HL J. Urol. 2014 Mar 191 3 587-96
- Do adult men with untreated hypospadias have adverse outcomes? A pilot study using a social media advertised survey.
- Schlomer B, Breyer B, Copp H, Baskin L, Disandro M J Pediatr Urol 2014 Feb
Honors & Awards
- "Super Doctor 2016 Texas Rising Star"
Texas Monthly Magazine (2016)
- Provider of the Month Outpatient Clinics-July
Children's Health Dallas (2015)
- South Central Section of American Urological Association (2014)
- Society for Pediatric Urology (2011)
- American Urologic Association (2007)