- Medical School
- University of Oklahoma College of Medicine (1999)
- Children's Hospital of Oklahoma (2002), Pediatrics
- Texas Children's Hospital (2005), Pediatric Heart Failure/transplant
- Texas Children's Hospital (2006), Interventional Cardiology
- Percutaneous therapies for the treatment of congestive heart failure
- Circulatory support using the impella device in fontan patients with systemic ventricular dysfunction: A multicenter experience.
- Morray BH, Dimas VV, Lim S, Balzer DT, Parekh DR, Van Mieghem NM, Ewert P, Kim DW, Justino H, McElhinney DB, Jones TK Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2017 Jan
- Initial Experience With the Pediatric Impella Device: A Feasibility Study in a Porcine Model.
- Webb MK, Wang J, Riegel MS, Guleserian KJ, Forbess JM, Zellers TM, Dimas VV Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2016 May
- Use of nesiritide in critically ill children with biventricular dysfunction suffering from oliguria despite standard heart-failure management.
- Das BB, Koch J, Dimas V, Guleserian K, Nugent A Cardiol Young 2015 Dec 1-5
- 2015 SCAI/ACC/HFSA/STS Clinical Expert Consensus Statement on the Use of Percutaneous Mechanical Circulatory Support Devices in Cardiovascular Care: Endorsed by the American Heart Assocation, the Cardiological Society of India, and Sociedad Latino Americana de Cardiologia Intervencion; Affirmation of Value by the Canadian Association of Interventional Cardiology-Association Canadienne de Cardiologie d'intervention.
- Rihal CS, Naidu SS, Givertz MM, Szeto WY, Burke JA, Kapur NK, Kern M, Garratt KN, Goldstein JA, Dimas V, Tu T J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2015 Apr
- The interventional heart failure initiative: A mission statement for the next generation of invasive cardiologists.
- Kapur NK, Dimas V, Sorajja P, Borlaug BA, Fang J, Kern M, Naidu SS Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2015 Mar
- Serum Cystatin C as an Early Marker of Neutrophil Gelatinase-associated Lipocalin-positive Acute Kidney Injury Resulting from Cardiopulmonary Bypass in Infants with Congenital Heart Disease.
- Herbert C, Patel M, Nugent A, Dimas VV, Guleserian KJ, Quigley R, Modem V Congenit Heart Dis 2015 Feb
- Management and Outcomes of Heterotaxy Syndrome Associated With Pulmonary Atresia or Pulmonary Stenosis.
- Sebastian VA, Brenes J, Murthy R, Veeram Reddy S, Dimas VV, Nugent A, Zellers T, Huang R, Guleserian KJ, Forbess JM Ann. Thorac. Surg. 2014 Apr
- Incidence of acute kidney injury following cardiac catheterization prior to cardiopulmonary bypass in children.
- Huggins N, Nugent A, Modem V, Rodriguez JS, Forbess J, Scott W, Dimas VV Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2014 Jan
- Ringed polytetrafluoroethylene (Gore-Tex) tunneled "chimney" graft for pediatric use of Impella 2.5 axial flow pump.
- Murthy R, Brenes J, Dimas VV, Guleserian KJ J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg. 2013 Dec
- Utilization of the impella 2.5 micro-axial pump in children for acute circulatory support.
- Dimas VV, Murthy R, Guleserian KJ Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2013 May
Catheter Device Therapy for Heart Failure. In Heart Failure in Children and Young Adults: From Molecular Mechanisms to Medical and Surgical Strategies, Chang AC, Towbin JA, eds.
Dimas VV, Chang AC (2005). Saunders Elsevier
Honors & Awards
- Texas Super Doctors
Texas Monthly Magazine (2015)
- American Academy of Pediatrics
Recipient of Educational Travel Grant (2004)
- American Academy of Pediatrics
Basic Science AAP Young Investigator Award (2004)
- Owen M. Rennert Award
Academic Excellence and Scholarly Achievement (2001)
- American Academy of Pediatrics, Member
- Society of Cardiac Angiography and Intervention, Fellow