|Medical School||University of Oklahoma College of Medicine (1999)|
|Residency||Children's Hospital of Oklahoma (2002), Pediatrics|
|Fellowship||Texas Children's Hospital (2005), Pediatric Cardiology|
|Fellowship||Texas Children's Hospital (2006), Interventional Cardiology|
- Percutaneous therapies for the treatment of congestive heart failure
- 2015 SCAI/ACC/HFSA/STS Clinical Expert Consensus Statement on the Use of Percutaneous Mechanical Circulatory Support Devices in Cardiovascular Care: Endorsed by the American Heart Assocation, the Cardiological Society of India, and Sociedad Latino Americana de Cardiologia Intervencion; Affirmation of Value by the Canadian Association of Interventional Cardiology-Association Canadienne de Cardiologie d'intervention.
- Rihal CS, Naidu SS, Givertz MM, Szeto WY, Burke JA, Kapur NK, Kern M, Garratt KN, Goldstein JA, Dimas V, Tu T J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2015 Apr
- The interventional heart failure initiative: A mission statement for the next generation of invasive cardiologists.
- Kapur NK, Dimas V, Sorajja P, Borlaug BA, Fang J, Kern M, Naidu SS Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2015 Mar
- Management and Outcomes of Heterotaxy Syndrome Associated With Pulmonary Atresia or Pulmonary Stenosis.
- Sebastian VA, Brenes J, Murthy R, Veeram Reddy S, Dimas VV, Nugent A, Zellers T, Huang R, Guleserian KJ, Forbess JM Ann. Thorac. Surg. 2014 Apr
- Incidence of acute kidney injury following cardiac catheterization prior to cardiopulmonary bypass in children.
- Huggins N, Nugent A, Modem V, Rodriguez JS, Forbess J, Scott W, Dimas VV Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2014 Jan
- Ringed polytetrafluoroethylene (Gore-Tex) tunneled "chimney" graft for pediatric use of Impella 2.5 axial flow pump.
- Murthy R, Brenes J, Dimas VV, Guleserian KJ J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg. 2013 Dec
- Utilization of the impella 2.5 micro-axial pump in children for acute circulatory support.
- Dimas VV, Murthy R, Guleserian KJ Catheter Cardiovasc Interv 2013 May
- Management of single-ventricle patients with Berlin Heart EXCOR Ventricular Assist Device: single-center experience.
- Mackling T, Shah T, Dimas V, Guleserian K, Sharma M, Forbess J, Ardura M, Gross-Toalson J, Lee Y, Journeycake J, Barnes A Artif Organs 2012 Jun 36 6 555-9
- Vasopressin rescue for in-pediatric intensive care unit cardiopulmonary arrest refractory to initial epinephrine dosing: a prospective feasibility pilot trial.
- Carroll TG, Dimas VV, Raymond TT Pediatr Crit Care Med 2012 May 13 3 265-72
- Outcomes of transcatheter occlusion of patent ductus arteriosus in infants weighing = 6 kg.
- Dimas VV, Takao C, Ing FF, Mattamal R, Nugent AW, Grifka RG, Mullins CE, Justino H JACC Cardiovasc Interv 2010 Dec 3 12 1295-9
- Stent implantation for coarctation of the aorta in a premature infant through carotid cutdown as a bridge to surgical correction.
- Dimas VV, Leonard SR, Guleserian KJ, Forbess JM, Zellers TM J. Thorac. Cardiovasc. Surg. 2010 Apr 139 4 1070-1
Honors & Awards
- American Academy of Pediatrics
Recipient of Educational Travel Grant (2004)
- American Academy of Pediatrics
Basic Science AAP Young Investigator Award (2004)
- Owen M. Rennert Award
Academic Excellence and Scholarly Achievement (2001)
- American Academy of Pediatrics/Member