Dr. Holcomb joined the faculty at UT Southwestern in 2016 as an Assistant Professor in the division of General Obstetrics and Gynecology. She graduated from Rice University in 2005 with a degree in Mathematical Economic Analysis. She subsequently earned her medical degree at UT Southwestern Medical Center in Dallas. She then completed her residency training at UT Southwestern in the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology in 2014. Her clinical interests include low-risk and high-risk obstetrics, as well as medical education.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2010)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2014), Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Effect of body mass index on maternal morbidity following peripartum hysterectomy.
- Wortman AC, Hernandez JS, Holcomb DS, Wilson KL, McIntire DD, Sheffield JS Clin Obes 2015 Apr 5 2 72-8
- Roles of mGluR5 in synaptic function and plasticity of the mouse thalamocortical pathway.
- She WC, Quairiaux C, Albright MJ, Wang YC, Sanchez DE, Chang PS, Welker E, Lu HC Eur. J. Neurosci. 2009 Apr 29 7 1379-96
Honors & Awards
- Administrative Chief Resident
UT Southwestern Obstetrics & Gynecology Department (2013)
- Medical Student Teaching Award
UT Southwestern Obstetrics & Gynecology Department (2012)
- Outstanding Intern Award
UT Southwestern Obstetrics & Gynecology Department (2011)
- Dallas County Medical Society (2014)
- Texas Medical Association (2014)
- American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (2010)