Alberto Diaz de León, III, M.D., is an Assistant Professor of Radiology at UT Southwestern and a member of the Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) Division. He provides clinical abdominal imaging services at Parkland Hospital, Zale Lipshy University Hospital and Clements University Hospital.
Dr. Diaz de León holds a bachelor’s degree in molecular and cell biology from Texas A&M University in College Station. He earned his medical degree with distinction in research from UT Southwestern, where he also completed his residency training. He then remained at UT Southwestern to receive fellowship training in MRI.
He joined the faculty in 2016.
Dr. Diaz de León is a member of numerous professional societies, including the Society of Abdominal Radiology, Radiological Society of North America, and Society of Computed Body Tomography & Magnetic Resonance.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2010)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center/Doris Duke Research Fellowship (2010), Research
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2015), Diagnostic Radiology
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2016), Magnetic Resonance Imaging (mri)
Honors & Awards
- ACR-AUR Research Scholar
- SCBTMR Innovation Award
- Doris Duke Research Fellowship
- Radiological society of North America (RSNA)
- Society of Abdominal Radiology (SAR)
- Society of Computed Body Tomography & Magnetic Resonance (SCBTMR)