Dr. Patel grew up in both small town Texas and the suburbs of Houston, Texas. He completed his medical school and Internal Medicine residency training at UTSW. He wished to continue at UTSW as faculty because of the commitment to medical education and innovation in healthcare systems. Dr. Patel brings to UTSW a diverse background that he looks to translate into meaningful insight for training physicians. His life has been spent in small business, community involvement, and the hedge fund industry. He chose to pursue the field of Hospitalist medicine as a route by which to provide quality, efficient, and well communicated care to the acutely ill patient population. His interests in his field of medicine are broad but include innovation, transitions of care, and medical education. Outside of medicine Dr. Patel is an avid sports fan, and enjoys traveling, politics, and community involvement.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2010)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2013), Internal Medicine
- Hospitalist (In-Patient Care)
- Transitions of Care
- Outcomes of using omalizumab for more than 1 year in refractory chronic urticaria.
- Har D, Patel S, Khan DA Ann. Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2015 Jun
Honors & Awards
- 3rd Year Resident Teaching Award
UT Southwestern, Department of Internal Medicine (2013)
- Society of Hospital Medicine (2014)
- American College of Physicians (2011)