Owen Obel did medical school in Johannesburg, South Africa at the University of the Witwatersrand. After completing internship, he completed compulsory military service in South Africa. He did Medicine residency in the UK (Kent and Yorkshire) and Cardiology Fellowship at St Georges Hospital, London. He completed a Fellowship in Electrophysiology and Pacing at the Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston. He joined faculty in 2004.
- Medical School
- Univ of Witwatersrand Med School (1986)
- Hillbrow Hospital (1987), Internal Medicine
- Inappropriate ICD shocks
- Interaction of atrial fibrillation and heart failure
- Antitachycardia pacing as both therapy and diagnostic tool: What is the diagnosis?
- Owens AW, Heinzman KM, Obel OA Heart rhythm : the official journal of the Heart Rhythm Society 2011 May
- Supraventricular tachycardia with two VA intervals: what is the mechanism?
- Nesbitt WH, Lampe C, Lustgarten D, Obel OA Pacing Clin Electrophysiol 2007 Feb 30 2 253-5
- Ablation of left ventricular epicardial outflow tract tachycardia from the distal great cardiac vein.
- Obel OA, d'Avila A, Neuzil P, Saad EB, Ruskin JN, Reddy VY J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2006 Nov 48 9 1813-7
- Effects of ventricular rate and regularity on the velocity and magnitude of left atrial appendage flow in atrial fibrillation.
- Obel OA, Luddington L, Maarouf N, Aytemir K, Ekwall C, Malik M, Camm AJ Heart 2005 Jun 91 6 764-8
- Accessory pathway reciprocating tachycardia.
- Obel OA, Camm AJ Eur. Heart J. 1998 May 19 Suppl E E13-24, E50-1
- Supraventricular tachycardia. ECG diagnosis and anatomy.
- Obel OA, Camm AJ Eur. Heart J. 1997 May 18 Suppl C C2-11
- Epidemiology and mechanism of atrial fibrillation and atrial flutter.
- Camm AJ, Obel OA Am. J. Cardiol. 1996 Oct 78 8A 3-11
- Heart Rhythm Society (2012)
- Royal College of Physicians, London (1993)