- Graduate School
- Cornell University Medical Col (1999)
- Hedgehog and Wnt signaling
- signal transduction networks
- stem cell biology
- tumor suppressors and oncogenes
- Cell biology. The unusual case of Porcupine.
- Lum L, Clevers H Science 2012 Aug 337 6097 922-3
- Small molecule-mediated disruption of Wnt-dependent signal transduction in tissue regeneration and cancer
- Chen B, Dodge M, Tang W, Lu J, Ma Z, Fan C-W, Wei S, Hao W, Kilgore J, Williams N, Roth M, Amatruda J, Chen C, and Lum L. Nature Chemical Biology January 2008
- Chemical disruption of Wnt-dependent cell fate decision-making mechanisms in cancer and regenerative medicine.
- Lum L, Chen C Curr. Med. Chem. 2015 Aug
- Disruption of Wnt/ß-Catenin Signaling and Telomeric Shortening Are Inextricable Consequences of Tankyrase Inhibition in Human Cells.
- Kulak O, Chen H, Holohan B, Wu X, He H, Borek D, Otwinowski Z, Yamaguchi K, Garofalo LA, Ma Z, Wright W, Chen C, Shay JW, Zhang X, Lum L Mol. Cell. Biol. 2015 Jul 35 14 2425-35
- Fatty acyl donor selectivity in membrane bound O-acyltransferases and communal cell fate decision-making.
- Tuladhar R, Lum L Biochem. Soc. Trans. 2015 Apr 43 2 235-9
- The hedgehog pathway effector smoothened exhibits signaling competency in the absence of ciliary accumulation.
- Fan CW, Chen B, Franco I, Lu J, Shi H, Wei S, Wang C, Wu X, Tang W, Roth MG, Williams NS, Hirsch E, Chen C, Lum L Chem. Biol. 2014 Dec 21 12 1680-9
- Signaling: Making a leaner hedgehog
- Fan C-W, Tuladhar R, and Lum L Nat Chem Biol 2013 4 9 217-8
- Diverse Chemical Scaffolds Support Direct Inhibition of the Membrane-bound O-Acyltransferase Porcupine.
- Dodge ME, Moon J, Tuladhar R, Lu J, Jacob LS, Zhang LS, Shi H, Wang X, Moro E, Mongera A, Argenton F, Karner CM, Carroll TJ, Chen C, Amatruda JF, Lum L J. Biol. Chem. 2012 Jun 287 27 23246-54
- Drugging the cancer stem cell compartment: lessons learned from the hedgehog and Wnt signal transduction pathways.
- Dodge ME, Lum L Annu. Rev. Pharmacol. Toxicol. 2011 Feb 51 289-310
- Genome-wide RNAi screen reveals disease-associated genes that are common to Hedgehog and Wnt signaling.
- Jacob LS, Wu X, Dodge ME, Fan CW, Kulak O, Chen B, Tang W, Wang B, Amatruda JF, Lum L Sci Signal 2011 4(157) ra4
Honors & Awards
- American Cancer Society Research Scholar
- Virginia Murchison Linthicum Scholar in Medical Research
University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center (2005)
- Life Sciences Research Foundation Fellowship
Post doctoral Fellowship (2000)
- Dean’s Research Award
Cornell University Medical College (1994)
- Grace Fimognari Memorial Award
University of California, Berkeley (1993)
- Hamon Center for Regenerative Science and Medicine (2014)