Dr. Meghana Sathe is a graduate of Wellesley College and the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. She completed her internship and residency in Pediatrics and her fellowship in Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition at the University of Texas Southwestern and Children's Medical Center Dallas. Dr. Sathe's clinical interests are general gastroenterology, hepatology and nutrition. She has a special interest in cystic fibrosis and is the co-medical director of the Claude Prestidge Cystic Fibrosis Foundation Clinic at Children's Medical Center Dallas. She also serves on the Medical Advisory Board of The Alagille Syndrome Alliance.
In addition to clinical care, Dr. Sathe is the Associate Fellowship Director for Division of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition. In this capacity, she is actively involved in the education of medical students, residents and fellows through lectures, conferences and curriculum development.
- Medical School
- University of Miami School of Medicine (2003)
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2004), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2006), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2009), Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Cystic fibrosis and nutrition
- Cystic fibrosis associated liver disease
- Meconium ileus in Cystic Fibrosis.
- Sathe M, Houwen R J. Cyst. Fibros. 2017 Nov 16 Suppl 2 S32-S39
- Gastrointestinal, Pancreatic, and Hepatobiliary Manifestations of Cystic Fibrosis.
- Sathe MN, Freeman AJ Pediatr. Clin. North Am. 2016 Aug 63 4 679-98
- An 18-month-old boy with severe dermatitis, edema, muscle wasting.
- Mittal VS, Sathe M, Troendle D, Cox M Pediatr Ann 2011 Aug 40 8 393-6
- Regulation of Purinergic Signaling in Biliary Epithelial Cells by Exocytosis of SLC17A9-dependent ATP-enriched Vesicles.
- Sathe MN, Woo K, Kresge C, Bugde A, Luby-Phelps K, Lewis MA, Feranchak AP J. Biol. Chem. 2011 Jul 286 28 25363-76
- Adenosine triphosphate release and purinergic (P2) receptor-mediated secretion in small and large mouse cholangiocytes.
- Woo K, Sathe M, Kresge C, Esser V, Ueno Y, Venter J, Glaser SS, Alpini G, Feranchak AP Hepatology 2010 Nov 52 5 1819-28
- Update in pediatrics: focus on fat-soluble vitamins.
- Sathe MN, Patel AS Nutr Clin Pract 2010 Aug 25 4 340-6
- Initiation of purinergic signaling by exocytosis of ATP-containing vesicles in liver epithelium.
- Feranchak AP, Lewis MA, Kresge C, Sathe M, Bugde A, Luby-Phelps K, Antich PP, Fitz JG J. Biol. Chem. 2010 Mar 285 11 8138-47
- Identification and functional characterization of the intermediate-conductance Ca(2+)-activated K(+) channel (IK-1) in biliary epithelium.
- Dutta AK, Khimji AK, Sathe M, Kresge C, Parameswara V, Esser V, Rockey DC, Feranchak AP Am. J. Physiol. Gastrointest. Liver Physiol. 2009 Nov 297 5 G1009-18
Congenital enzyme and transport defects. In Sondheimer J, Hurtado C, eds. The NASPGHAN Fellows Concise Review of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition.
Sathe M. (2011). New York: Castle Connolly.
Liver Disease. In Allen J, Panitch H, Rubenstein R, eds. Cystic Fibrosis: Lung Biology in Health and Disease. Vol 242.
Sathe M, Feranchak AP. (2010). New York: Informa Healthcare USA.
Pediatric Cystic Fibrosis and Fat-Soluble Vitamins. In Watson RS, ed. Diet and Exercise in Cystic Fibrosis. 1st ed.
Sathe M, Feranchak AP. (2015). Elsevier Inc.
Cystic Fibrosis Associated Liver Disease. In Suchy F, Sokol R, Balistreri W, eds. Liver Disease in Children. 4th ed.
Sathe M, Feranchak AP. (2014). Cambridge University Press.
Honors & Awards
- Texas Super Doctor, Texas Monthly Magazine
- Texas Rising Stars
Texas Monthly Magazine (2016)
- Best Pediatric Specialists
D Magazine (2013-2017)
- Teaching and Tomorrow Program, 2nd World Congress, Paris, France
- Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, Sigma Chi, Wellesley College
- Dallas County Medical Society/Texas Medical Society (2012)
- Pediatric Society of Greater Dallas (2012)
- American Board of Pediatrics, Gastroenterology (2009)
- American Board of Pediatrics (2006)
- North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (2006)
- Texas Medical Board (2005)