Chuo Chen, born in Taipei, Taiwan, R.O.C., received his BS degree at National Taiwan University in 1995. Following the completion of his doctoral studies in 2001 at Harvard University under the direction of Prof. Matthew D. Shair, he worked as a HHMI postdoctoral research fellow under the guidance of Prof. Stuart L. Schreiber at Harvard.
Dr. Chen joined the faculty at UT Southwestern in 2004 as a Southwestern Medical Foundation Scholar in Biomedical Research, and became Associate Professor in 2010. The focus of his research program is the synthesis of natural products and Hh/Wnt inhibitors.
- National Taiwan University - Taiwan , Chemistry
- Graduate School
- Harvard University (2001)
- chemical biology
- natural product synthesis
- synthetic methodology development
- Asymmetric synthesis of ageliferin.
- Wang X, Ma Z, Lu J, Tan X, Chen C J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2011 Oct 133 39 15350-3
- Chemical and Biological Studies of Nakiterpiosin and Nakiterpiosinone
- Gao, S.; Wang, Q.; Huang, L. J.; Lum, L.; Chen, C. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2010 132 371?383
- Synthesis and structure revision of nakiterpiosin.
- Gao S, Wang Q, Chen C J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2009 Feb 131 4 1410-2
- Small Molecule-mediated Disruption of Wnt-dependent Signal Transduction in Tissue Regeneration and Cancer
- Chen, B.; Dodge, M. E.; Tang, W.; Lu, J.; Ma, Z.; Fan, C.-W.; Wei, S.; Hao, W.; Kilgore, J. A.; Williams, N. S.; Roth, M. G.; Amatruda, J. F.; Chen, C.; Lum, L. Nat. Chem. Biol. 2009 5 100?107
- An Approach to the Core Skeleton of Lancifodilactone F
- Wang, Q.; Chen, C. Org. Lett. 2008 10 1223?1226
- Palladium-Catalyzed Direct Functionalization of Imidazolinone: Synthesis of Dibromophakellstatin.
- Lu, J.; Tan, X.; Chen, C. J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2007 129 7768-7769
- Regiocontrol in Manganese(III)-Mediated Oxidative Heterobicyclizations: Access to the Core Skeletons of Oroidin Dimers
- Tan, X.; Chen, C. Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2006 45 4245-4348
Honors & Awards
- Southwestern Medical Foundation Scholar in Biomedical Research