- Fort Lewis College (1996), Chemistry
- Graduate School
- Indiana University Bloomington (2002), Chemistry
- Glioblastoma cells require glutamate dehydrogenase to survive impairments of glucose metabolism or Akt signaling.
- Yang C, Sudderth J, Dang T, Bachoo RG, McDonald JG, DeBerardinis RJ. Cancer Res. October 2009 69 7986-93
- CYP7B1: one cytochrome P450, two human genetic diseases, and multiple physiological functions.
- Stiles AR, McDonald JG, Bauman DR, Russell DW. J. Biol. Chem. October 2009 284 28485-9
- 25-Hydroxycholesterol secreted by macrophages in response to Toll-like receptor activation suppresses immunoglobulin A production.
- Bauman DR, Bitmansour AD, McDonald JG, Thompson BM, Liang G, Russell DW. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA September 2009 106 16764-9
- Identification and quantitation of sorbitol-based nuclear clarifying agents extracted from common laboratory and consumer plasticware made of polypropylene.
- McDonald JG, Cummins CL, Barkley RM, Thompson BM, Lincoln HA. Anal. Chem. 2008 80 5532-41
- Extraction and analysis of sterols in biological matrices by high performance liquid chromatography electrospray ionization mass spectrometry.
- McDonald, J.G., Thompson, B.M., McCrum, E.C., Russell, D.W. Methods Enzymol. 2007 432 145-170