Dr. Reilly is the chief of the renal section at the Dallas VA and the Fredric L. Coe Professor of Nephrolithiasis research. His practice is limited to the Dallas VA.
- Fairfield University (1976), Biology
- Medical School
- Georgetown University (1980)
- Internal Medicine
- Kidney stones
- Medication safety and efficacy
- Renal osteodystrophy
- Are calcium-based phosphate binders ever preferable in dialysis patients?
- Jain N, Reilly RF Semin Dial 2014 May 27 3 269-72
- Attending Rounds: A Patient with Intradialytic Hypotension.
- Reilly RF Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2014 Jan
- Combined Angiotensin inhibition for the treatment of diabetic nephropathy.
- Fried LF, Emanuele N, Zhang JH, Brophy M, Conner TA, Duckworth W, Leehey DJ, McCullough PA, O'Connor T, Palevsky PM, Reilly RF, Seliger SL, Warren SR, Watnick S, Peduzzi P, Guarino P N. Engl. J. Med. 2013 Nov 369 20 1892-903
- Antiplatelet Therapy in the Management of Cardiovascular Disease in Patients with CKD: What Is the Evidence?
- Jain N, Hedayati SS, Sarode R, Banerjee S, Reilly RF Clin J Am Soc Nephrol 2012 Sep
- The mechanism of hypocalciuria with NaCl cotransporter inhibition.
- Reilly RF, Huang CL Nat Rev Nephrol 2011 Nov 7 11 669-74
- Does the risk exceed the benefit for anticoagulation in end-stage renal disease patients with nonrheumatic atrial fibrillation?
- Yalamanchili V, Reilly RF Semin Dial 2011 Jul-Aug 24 4 387-8
- Non-pharmacological aspects of blood pressure management: what are the data?
- Hedayati SS, Elsayed EF, Reilly RF Kidney Int. 2011 May 79 10 1061-70
- Imaging patients with kidney disease: how do we approach contrast-related toxicity?
- Perazella MA, Reilly RF Am. J. Med. Sci. 2011 Mar 341 3 215-21
- Thiazides diuretics in the treatment of nephrolithiasis: are we using them in an evidence-based fashion?
- Vigen R, Weideman RA, Reilly RF Int Urol Nephrol 2010 Aug 813-9
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Teacher Award, 2006-2007
Class of 2010, Renal Physiology (2007)
- Fredric L. Coe Professor of Nephrolithiasis Research
Endowed Chair (2004)
- Young Investigator Award
National Kidney Foundation (1992)
- NIH Physician Scientist Award
Research Award (1988)
- Alpha Omega Alpha
Medical Honor Society (1978)
- American Association for the Advancement of Sciences
- American College of Physicians
- American Heart Association
- American Society of Nephrology
- International Society of Nephrology