Bradley Barth, M.D., M.P.H., graduated from UT Austin and UT Medical School in San Antonio. He completed his internship and residency at the Floating Hospital for Children and Tufts University in 2001, and a fellowship in Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition at Children’s Hospital Boston and Harvard University in 2004.
Dr. Barth’s clinical and research interests include therapeutic endoscopy, ERCP, recurrent and chronic pancreatitis and endoscopic treatment of gastrointestinal bleeding and complex esophageal strictures. He won the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Endoscopy Prize on two separate occasions, and is a fellow of the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
He is presently an Associate Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center and serves as the Director of Endoscopy, the Clinical Director of Pediatric Gastroenterology, and the president-elect of the medical-dental staff at Children’s Health, Children’s Medical Center Dallas.
- Medical School
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (1998)
- Tufts-New England Medical Center (1999), Pediatrics
- Tufts-New England Medical Center (2001), Pediatrics
- Children's Hospital of Boston (2004), Pediatric Gi/nutrition
- Acute, Chronic and Recurrent Pancreatitis in Children
- Enteroscopy in Children
- Therapeutic Endoscopy in Children
- Enteroscopy in children.
- Barth BA Curr. Opin. Pediatr. 2011 Oct 23 5 530-4
- Single-balloon enteroscopy in children: initial experience at a pediatric center.
- Barth BA, Channabasappa N J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2010 Nov 51 5 680-4
- NASPGHAN Guideline for Training in Endoscopy and Related Procedures
- Kay M, Piccoli DA, Barth B, et al. Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition In Press
- Sphincter of Oddi manometry.
- Pfau PR, Banerjee S, Barth BA, Desilets DJ, Kaul V, Kethu SR, Pedrosa MC, Pleskow DK, Tokar J, Varadarajulu S, Wang A, Song LM, Rodriguez SA Gastrointest. Endosc. 2011 Dec 74 6 1175-80
- Drug-eluting/biodegradable stents.
- Tokar JL, Banerjee S, Barth BA, Desilets DJ, Kaul V, Kethi SR, Pedrosa MC, Pfau PR, Pleskow DK, Varadarajulu S, Wang A, Song LM, Rodriguez SA Gastrointest. Endosc. 2011 Nov 74 5 954-8
- Enteral stents.
- Varadarajulu S, Banerjee S, Barth B, Desilets D, Kaul V, Kethu S, Pedrosa M, Pfau P, Tokar J, Wang A, Wong Kee Song LM, Rodriguez S Gastrointestinal endoscopy 2011 Jul 455-64
- GI endoscopes.
- Varadarajulu S, Banerjee S, Barth BA, Desilets DJ, Kaul V, Kethu SR, Pedrosa MC, Pfau PR, Tokar JL, Wang A, Wong Kee Song LM, Rodriguez SA Gastrointest. Endosc. 2011 Jul 74 1 1-6.e6
- Efficacy of endoscopic ultrasound-guided drainage of pancreatic pseudocysts in a pediatric population.
- Jazrawi SF, Barth BA, Sreenarasimhaiah J Dig. Dis. Sci. 2011 Mar 56 3 902-8
- Capsule Endoscopy and Small Bowel Enteroscopy
- Barth BA Pediatric Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease, Fourth Edition. 2011 679-685
- Review article: percutaneous endoscopic gastrostomy in infants and children.
- Fröhlich T, Richter M, Carbon R, Barth B, Köhler H Aliment. Pharmacol. Ther. 2010 Apr 31 8 788-801
Honors & Awards
- Fellow, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
- Best Doctors in America
- Best Pediatric Specialists in Dallas, D Magazine
- Endoscopy Prize, NASPGHAN
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (2010)
- Task Force on Endocsopy and GI Bleeding Guidelines (2008)
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (2002)
- American Gastroenterology Association (2001)
- North American Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition (2001)