Bradley Barth, M.D., M.P.H., graduated from UT Austin and UT Medical School in San Antonio. He completed his internship and residency at the Floating Hospital for Children and Tufts University in 2001, and a fellowship in Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition at Children’s Hospital Boston and Harvard University in 2004.
Dr. Barth’s clinical and research interests include therapeutic endoscopy, ERCP, recurrent and chronic pancreatitis and endoscopic treatment of gastrointestinal bleeding and complex esophageal strictures. He won the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Endoscopy Prize on two separate occasions, and is a fellow of the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
He is presently an Associate Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center and serves as the Director of Endoscopy, the Clinical Director of Pediatric Gastroenterology, and the president of the medical-dental staff at Children’s Health, Children’s Medical Center Dallas.
- Medical School
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (1998)
- Tufts Medical Center (1999), Pediatrics
- Tufts Medical Center (2001), Pediatrics
- Children's Hospital of Boston (2004), Pediatric Gi/nutrition
- Acute, Chronic and Recurrent Pancreatitis in Children
- Enteroscopy in Children
- Therapeutic Endoscopy in Children
- Therapeutic Interventions for Complex Childhood Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Disorders
- Pediatric Considerations in Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography.
- Troendle DM, Barth BA Gastrointest. Endosc. Clin. N. Am. 2016 Jan 26 1 119-36
- ERCP can be safely and effectively performed by a pediatric gastroenterologist for choledocholithiasis in a pediatric facility.
- Troendle DM, Barth BA J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2013 Nov 57 5 655-8
- Single-balloon enteroscopy in children: initial experience at a pediatric center.
- Barth BA, Channabasappa N J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2010 Nov 51 5 680-4
- Endoscopic button gastrostomy: Comparing a sutured endoscopic approach to the current techniques.
- Gonzalez-Hernandez J, Daoud Y, Fischer AC, Barth B, Piper HG J. Pediatr. Surg. 2015 Oct
- Pediatric chronic pancreatitis is associated with genetic risk factors and substantial disease burden.
- Schwarzenberg SJ, Bellin M, Husain SZ, Ahuja M, Barth B, Davis H, Durie PR, Fishman DS, Freedman SD, Gariepy CE, Giefer MJ, Gonska T, Heyman MB, Himes R, Kumar S, Morinville VD, Lowe ME, Nuehring NE, Ooi CY, Pohl JF, Troendle D, Werlin SL, Wilschanski M, Yen E, Uc A J. Pediatr. 2015 Apr 166 4 890-6.e1
- Factors associated with post-ERCP pancreatitis and the effect of pancreatic duct stenting in a pediatric population.
- Troendle DM, Abraham O, Huang R, Barth BA Gastrointest. Endosc. 2015 Feb
- Design and Implementation of INSPPIRE.
- Morinville VD, Lowe ME, Ahuja M, Barth B, Bellin MD, Davis H, Durie PR, Finley B, Fishman DS, Freedman SD, Gariepy CE, Giefer MJ, Gonska T, Heyman MB, Himes R, Husain S, Kumar S, Ooi CY, Pohl JF, Schwarzenberg SJ, Troendle D, Werlin SL, Wilschanski M, Yen E, Uc A J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2014 Sep 59 3 360-4
- Trends in Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography in Children within the United States from 2000 to 2009.
- Pant C, Sferra TJ, Barth BA, Deshpande A, Minocha A, Qureshi WA, Olyaee M, Anderson MP J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2014 Feb
- Wireless capsule endoscopy.
- Wang A, Banerjee S, Barth BA, Bhat YM, Chauhan S, Gottlieb KT, Konda V, Maple JT, Murad F, Pfau PR, Pleskow DK, Siddiqui UD, Tokar JL, Rodriguez SA Gastrointest. Endosc. 2013 Dec 78 6 805-15
- Devices for the endoscopic treatment of hemorrhoids.
- Siddiqui UD, Barth BA, Banerjee S, Bhat YM, Chauhan SS, Gottlieb KT, Konda V, Maple JT, Murad FM, Pfau P, Pleskow D, Tokar JL, Wang A, Rodriguez SA Gastrointest. Endosc. 2013 Nov
Small Intestinal Bleeding. In Pohl J, Jolley C, Gelfond D, eds. Pediatric Gastroenterology: A Color Handbook.
Troendle D, Barth BA. (2014). Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
Capsule Endoscopy and Small Bowel Enteroscopy. In Wyllie R, Hyams JS, Kay M, eds. Pediatric Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease. 5th ed.
Barth B, Troendle D. (2016). Philadelphia: Elsevier; 740-747.
Anatomy, Histology, Embryology, and Developmental Anomalies of the Pancreas. In Feldman M, Friedman L, Brandt L, eds. Sleisenger and Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease. 9th ed.
Barth BA, Burdick S. (2010). Philadelphia: Saunders Elsevier.
Honors & Awards
- Fellow, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
- Best Pediatric Specialists in Dallas, D Magazine
- Endoscopy Prize, NASPGHAN (2006, 2013)
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (2002)
- American Gastroenterology Association (2001)
- North American Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition (2001)