Bradley Barth, M.D., M.P.H., graduated from UT Austin and UT Medical School in San Antonio. He completed his internship and residency at the Floating Hospital for Children and Tufts University in 2001, and a fellowship in Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition at Children’s Hospital Boston and Harvard University in 2004.
Dr. Barth’s clinical and research interests include therapeutic endoscopy, ERCP, recurrent and chronic pancreatitis and endoscopic treatment of gastrointestinal bleeding and complex esophageal strictures. He won the North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition Endoscopy Prize on two separate occasions, and is a fellow of the American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy.
He is presently an Associate Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern Medical Center and serves as the Director of Endoscopy, the Clinical Director of Pediatric Gastroenterology, and the president of the medical-dental staff at Children’s Health, Children’s Medical Center Dallas.
- Medical School
- The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio (1998)
- Tufts Medical Center (1999), Pediatrics
- Tufts Medical Center (2001), Pediatrics
- Children's Hospital of Boston (2004), Pediatric Gi/nutrition
- Acute, Chronic and Recurrent Pancreatitis in Children
- Enteroscopy in Children
- Therapeutic Endoscopy in Children
- Therapeutic Interventions for Complex Childhood Hepatobiliary and Pancreatic Disorders
- Pediatric Considerations in Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography.
- Troendle DM, Barth BA Gastrointest. Endosc. Clin. N. Am. 2016 Jan 26 1 119-36
- ERCP can be safely and effectively performed by a pediatric gastroenterologist for choledocholithiasis in a pediatric facility.
- Troendle DM, Barth BA J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2013 Nov 57 5 655-8
- Single-balloon enteroscopy in children: initial experience at a pediatric center.
- Barth BA, Channabasappa N J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2010 Nov 51 5 680-4
- Therapeutic Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography in Pediatric Patients With Acute Recurrent and Chronic Pancreatitis: Data From the INSPPIRE (INternational Study group of Pediatric Pancreatitis: In search for a cuRE) Study.
- Troendle DM, Fishman DS, Barth BA, Giefer MJ, Lin TK, Liu QY, Abu-El-Haija M, Bellin MD, Durie PR, Freedman SD, Gariepy C, Gonska T, Heyman MB, Himes R, Husain SZ, Kumar S, Lowe ME, Morinville VD, Ooi CY, Palermo J, Pohl JF, Schwarzenberg SJ, Werlin S, Wilschanski M, Zimmerman MB, Uc A Pancreas 2017 Jul 46 6 764-769
- Early-Onset Acute Recurrent and Chronic Pancreatitis Is Associated with PRSS1 or CTRC Gene Mutations.
- Giefer MJ, Lowe ME, Werlin SL, Zimmerman B, Wilschanski M, Troendle D, Schwarzenberg SJ, Pohl JF, Palermo J, Ooi CY, Morinville VD, Lin TK, Husain SZ, Himes R, Heyman MB, Gonska T, Gariepy CE, Freedman SD, Fishman DS, Bellin MD, Barth B, Abu-El-Haija M, Uc A J. Pediatr. 2017 May
- Autoimmune Pancreatitis in Children: Characteristic Features, Diagnosis, and Management.
- Scheers I, Palermo JJ, Freedman S, Wilschanski M, Shah U, Abu-El-Haija M, Barth B, Fishman DS, Gariepy C, Giefer MJ, Heyman MB, Himes RW, Husain SZ, Lin TK, Liu Q, Lowe M, Mascarenhas M, Morinville V, Ooi CY, Perito ER, Piccoli DA, Pohl JF, Schwarzenberg SJ, Troendle D, Werlin S, Zimmerman B, Uc A, Gonska T Am. J. Gastroenterol. 2017 Apr
- Specialized Imaging and Procedures in Pediatric Pancreatology: A North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology, and Nutrition Clinical Report.
- Lin TK, Troendle DM, Wallihan DB, Barth B, Fox VL, Fishman DS, Morinville VD J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2017 Mar 64 3 472-484
- Digital Evaluation of the Biliopancreatic Tree: Cases From the Pediatric ERCP Database Initiative Consortium.
- Fishman DS, Giefer MJ, Barth B, Troendle DM J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2017 Feb
- The Causal Evaluation of Acute Recurrent and Chronic Pancreatitis in Children: Consensus From the INSPPIRE Group.
- Gariepy CE, Heyman MB, Lowe ME, Pohl JF, Werlin SL, Wilschanski M, Barth B, Fishman DS, Freedman SD, Giefer MJ, Gonska T, Himes R, Husain SZ, Morinville VD, Ooi CY, Schwarzenberg SJ, Troendle DM, Yen E, Uc A J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2016 Oct
- Specialized Imaging and Procedures in Pediatric Pancreatology: A NASPGHAN Clinical Report.
- Lin TK, Troendle DM, Wallihan DB, Barth B, Fox VL, Fishman DS, Morinville VD J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2016 Aug
Small Intestinal Bleeding. In Pohl J, Jolley C, Gelfond D, eds. Pediatric Gastroenterology: A Color Handbook.
Troendle D, Barth BA. (2014). Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
Capsule Endoscopy and Small Bowel Enteroscopy. In Wyllie R, Hyams JS, Kay M, eds. Pediatric Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease. 5th ed.
Barth B, Troendle D. (2016). Philadelphia: Elsevier; 740-747.
Anatomy, Histology, Embryology, and Developmental Anomalies of the Pancreas. In Feldman M, Friedman L, Brandt L, eds. Sleisenger and Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease. 9th ed.
Barth BA, Burdick S. (2010). Philadelphia: Saunders Elsevier.
Honors & Awards
- Fellow, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE)
- Best Pediatric Specialists in Dallas, D Magazine
- Endoscopy Prize, NASPGHAN (2006, 2013)
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (2002)
- American Gastroenterology Association (2001)
- North American Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition (2001)