Dr. Gaith Semrin is a graduate of the University of Jordan, Faculty of Medicine. He completed his Pediatric Residency at the Children’s floating hospital in conjunction with Tufts Medical School and completed his Pediatric Gastroenterology Fellowship at Boston Children’s Hospital in conjunction with Harvard Medical School.
Dr. Semrin is currently an Associate Professor in the Department of Pediatrics at UT Southwestern and provides medical care at Children's Medical Center Dallas and Children's Medical Center Plano.
His interests are inflammatory bowel disease as well as general gastroenterology (reflux, vomiting, constipation, functional abdominal pain, irritable bowel syndrome, failure to thrive, diarrhea, poor weight gain, and eosinophilic esophagitis), hepatology, and nutrition.
- Medical School
- University of Jordan Faculty of Medicine (1995)
- Internship (Residency)
- Al-Basheer Hospital - Ministry of Health (1996), Rotating
- Tufts Medical Center (2000), Pediatrics
- Tufts Medical Center (2001), Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Children's Hospital Boston (2004), Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Impaired intestinal iron absorption in Crohn's disease correlates with disease activity and markers of inflammation.
- Semrin G, Fishman DS, Bousvaros A, Zholudev A, Saunders AC, Correia CE, Nemeth E, Grand RJ, Weinstein DA Inflamm. Bowel Dis. 2006 Dec 12 12 1101-6
- Celiac disease presenting with chilblains in an adolescent girl.
- St Clair NE, Kim CC, Semrin G, Woodward AL, Liang MG, Glickman JN, Leichtner AM, Binstadt BA Pediatr Dermatol 2006 Sep-Oct 23 5 451-4
- Pediatric inflammatory bowel disease.
- Pappa HM, Semrin G, Walker TR, Grand RJ Curr. Opin. Gastroenterol. 2004 Jul 20 4 333-40
Anatomy, Histology, and Developmental Anomalies of the Stomach and Duodenum. In Feldman M, Friedman L, Brandt L, eds. Sleisenger & Fordtran's Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease. 9th ed.
Russo MA, Semrin MG. (2015). Philadelphia: Saunders Elsevier; 795-810.
Honors & Awards
- Mom-Approved Doctor
DFW Child Magazine (2012)
- Medical Advisor, CCFA North Texas Chapter (2008)
- Member, North American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (2001)