Dr. Prescott received her training in Internal Medicine at Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas and her training in Rheumatology at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She is the Rheumatology Fellowship Program Director and the Internal Medicine Associate Program Director for Quality and Safety.
Dr. Prescott also works as the supervisor and mentor for the Chief Resident in Quality Improvement and Patient Safety. She has an interest in educating and empowering medical residents to make changes in the healthcare delivery system of tomorrow by incorporating patient safety and quality improvement concepts today.
|Undergraduate||University of Texas at Arlington (1996), Biology|
|Medical School||Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center (2001), Medicine|
- Patient Safety
- Quality Improvement
- Outcome assessments in rheumatoid arthritis.
- Gilek-Seibert K, Prescott K, Kazi S Curr Rheumatol Rep 2013 Nov 15 11 370
- Tumor necrosis factor-alpha inhibitor associated ulcerative colitis.
- Prescott K, Costner M, Cohen S, Kazi S Am. J. Med. Sci. 2007 Mar 333 3 137-9
Honors & Awards
- Chief Resident, Internal Medicine
Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas (2003)
- Jose Garcia Award, MD
Outstanding Resident Award, Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas (2002)
- Best Intern Award
Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas (2001)
- American College of Rheumatology (2004)
- Arthritis Foundation (2004)