My research program is involved in analyzing genetics of bacteria and requirements of bacteria to interact with appropriate hosts. The primary research interests of the laboratory are focused towards Campylobacter jejuni, a leading cause of diarrheal disease throughout the world, and Helicobacter pylori, a primary cause of gastritis, gastric ulcers, and gastric cancer. My laboratory identifies factors required by these bacteria for infection of hosts and analyzes the regulated expression of these factors. Further detalis regarding my research program can be found at: http://www4.utsouthwestern.edu/hendrixsonlab/Hendrixson_Lab/Hendrixson_Lab_Home.html.
- University of Arkansas-Fayetteville (1994), Microbiology
- Graduate School
- "washington University School Ofmedicine,st Louis" (1999), Biology
- Bacterial Genetics
- Bacterial Pathogenesis
- Bacterial-Host Interactions
- Campylobacter jejuni
- Helicobacter pylori
- Flagellar biosynthesis exerts temporal regulation of secretion of specific Campylobacter jejuni colonization and virulence determinants.
- Barrero-Tobon AM, Hendrixson DR Mol. Microbiol. 2014 Jul
- Spatial and numerical regulation of flagellar biosynthesis in polarly flagellated bacteria.
- Kazmierczak BI, Hendrixson DR Mol. Microbiol. 2013 Apr
- A Regulatory Checkpoint during Flagellar Biogenesis in Campylobacter jejuni Initiates Signal Transduction To Activate Transcription of Flagellar Genes.
- Boll JM, Hendrixson DR MBio 2013 4 5
- Identification and analysis of flagellar coexpressed determinants (Feds) of Campylobacter jejuni involved in colonization.
- Barrero-Tobon AM, Hendrixson DR Mol. Microbiol. 2012 Apr 84 2 352-69
- Polar Flagellar Biosynthesis and a Regulator of Flagellar Number Influence Spatial Parameters of Cell Division in Campylobacter jejuni.
- Balaban M, Hendrixson DR PLoS Pathog. 2011 Dec 7 12 e1002420
- A specificity determinant for phosphorylation in a response regulator prevents in vivo cross-talk and modification by acetyl phosphate.
- Boll JM, Hendrixson DR Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America 2011 Nov
- Motility and chemotaxis in Campylobacter and Helicobacter .
- Lertsethtakarn P, Ottemann KM, Hendrixson DR Annu. Rev. Microbiol. 2011 65 389-410
- Structural diversity of bacterial flagellar motors.
- Chen S, Beeby M, Murphy GE, Leadbetter JR, Hendrixson DR, Briegel A, Li Z, Shi J, Tocheva EI, Müller A, Dobro MJ, Jensen GJ EMBO J. 2011 30 14 2972-81
- Analysis of the Activity and Regulon of the Two-component Regulatory System Composed by Cjj1484 and Cjj1483 of Campylobacter jejuni.
- Luethy PM, Huynh S, Parker CT, Hendrixson DR J. Bacteriol. 2015 Feb
- Hemerythrins in the microaerophilic bacterium Campylobacter jejuni help protect key iron-sulphur cluster enzymes from oxidative damage.
- Kendall JJ, Barrero-Tobon AM, Hendrixson DR, Kelly DJ Environ. Microbiol. 2013 Nov