1989, Suzhou University School of Medicine, China: MD
1995, Suzhou University School of Medicine, China: MSc (Neurology)
2001, Nagoya University School of Medicine, Japan: PhD (Autonomic Neuroscience)
2001 - 2004, IEEM, Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas: Post-Doc (Autonomic Neural Control)
POSITIONS AND EMPLOYMENT:
1989 - 1995 Resident, Physician, Department of Neurology, the 2nd Affiliated Hospital of Suzhou University, China
1995 - 1997 Neurologist, Department of Neurology, the 2nd Affiliated Hospital of Suzhou University, China
2000 - 2001 Research Assistant, Department of Autonomic Neuroscience, Research Institute of Environmental Medicine, Nagoya University, Japan
2001 - 2001 Research Resident, Department of Autonomic Neuroscience, Research Institute of Environmental Medicine, Nagoya University, Japan
2001 - 2004 Research Associate Fellow, Institute for Exercise & Environmental Medicine, Dallas
2004 - 2006 Instructor, Cardiology Division, Internal Medicine, UT Southwestern
2006 - 2012 Assistant Professor, Cardiology Division, Internal Medicine, UT Southwestern
2012 - present Associate Professor, Cardiology Division, Internal Medicine, UT Southwestern
|Medical School||"suzhou University,school of Medicine, China" (1989), Medicine|
|Graduate School||"suzhou University, School of Medicine, China" (1995)|
|Graduate School||Nagoya University - Japan (2001)|
- Neural and non-neural control of blood pressure in women
- Sympathetic activation during early pregnancy in humans.
- Jarvis SS, Shibata S, Bivens TB, Okada Y, Casey BM, Levine BD, Fu Q J. Physiol. (Lond.) 2012 Aug 590 Pt 15 3535-43
- Relationship between sympathetic baroreflex sensitivity and arterial stiffness in elderly men and women.
- Okada Y, Galbreath MM, Shibata S, Jarvis SS, VanGundy TB, Meier RL, Vongpatanasin W, Levine BD, Fu Q Hypertension 2012 Jan 59 1 98-104
- Exercise training versus propranolol in the treatment of the postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome.
- Fu Q, Vangundy TB, Shibata S, Auchus RJ, Williams GH, Levine BD Hypertension 2011 Aug 58 2 167-75
- Cardiac origins of the postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome
- Fu Q, Vangundy TB, Galbreath MM, Shibata S, Jain M, Hastings JL, Bhella PS, Levine BD J Am Coll Cardiol 2010 55(25) 2858-88
- Vasoconstrictor reserve and sympathetic neural control of orthostasis.
- Fu Q, Witkowski S, Levine BD Circulation 2004 Nov 110 18 2931-7
- Elderly blacks have a blunted sympathetic neural responsiveness but greater pressor response to orthostasis than elderly whites.
- Okada Y, Galbreath MM, Jarvis SS, Bivens TB, Vongpatanasin W, Levine BD, Fu Q Hypertension 2012 Sep 60 3 842-8
- Sex differences in the modulation of vasomotor sympathetic outflow during static handgrip exercise in healthy young humans.
- Jarvis SS, Vangundy TB, Galbreath MM, Shibata S, Okazaki K, Reelick MF, Levine BD, Fu Q Am. J. Physiol. Regul. Integr. Comp. Physiol. 2011 Jul 301 1 R193-200
- Autonomic circulatory control during pregnancy in humans.
- Fu Q, Levine BD Semin. Reprod. Med. 2009 Jul 27 4 330-7
Honors & Awards
- The American Physiology Society Shih-Chun Wang Young Investigator Award
- NIH Exploratory and Development Research Grant Award
- NIH Research Project Grant Program Award
- DAVID H. P. STREETEN American Autonomic Society Award
- The National Institutes of Health Mentored Career Development Award
- The American Heart Association Texas Affiliate Fellowship Award
- The Japanese Foundation for Aging and Health
- The Japanese Government Scholarship