Dr. Foxwell is a licensed Clinical Psychologist, whose clinical expertise include anxiety, depression, suicide, ADHD, and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) in adults, children, and adolescents. Her research interests focus on evaluating cognitive behavioral treatments for depression and suicidality in youth.
She obtained her undergraduate degree in Psychology at Baylor University in 2002 and earned her Master of Science degree at UT Southwestern in Rehabilitation Counseling Psychology. She obtained her doctorate in Clinical Psychology at UT Southwestern where she served as Chief Resident. Dr. Foxwell completed a two-year postdoctoral fellowship in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry at the UT Southwestern Medical Center. She joined the Student Wellness and Counseling program as faculty in 2013. She is also a faculty advisor in the Clinical Psychology Doctoral program, as well as the Pediatric Research Program.
|Undergraduate School||Baylor University (2002), Psychology|
|Graduate School||UT Southwestern Medical Center (2005), Rehabilitation Counseling|
|Internship||Episcopal School of Dallas (2010), Psychology|
|Internship||Childrens Medical Center at Dallas (2010), Oncology|
|Graduate School||UT Southwestern Medical Center (2011), Psychology|
|Internship||Southern Methodist University (2011), Psychology|
|Fellowship||UT Southwestern Medical Center-Childrens Medical Center (2013), Pediatric Psychology|
- Child and adolescent depression
- Child and adolescent depression
- Suicidal behavior in teens
- Sequential Treatment With Fluoxetine and Relapse-Prevention CBT to Improve Outcomes in Pediatric Depression.
- Kennard BD, Emslie GJ, Mayes TL, Nakonezny PA, Jones JM, Foxwell AA, King J Am J Psychiatry 2014 Jun
- Development and Implementation of Health and Wellness CBT for Individuals with Depression and HIV.
- Kennard B, Brown L, Hawkins L, Risi A, Radcliffe J, Emslie G, Mayes T, King J, Foxwell A, Buyukdura J, Bethel J, Naar-King S, Xu J, Lee S, Garvie P, London C, Tanney M, Thornton S Cogn Behav Pract 2014 May 21 2 237-246
- Identifying and treating risk factors for suicidal behaviors in youth
- Wolfe, K., Foxwell A., Kennard, B. IJBCT 2014 Vol 9 No 3 11-14
- Back pain among long-term survivors of childhood leukemia.
- Bowers DC, Griffith T, Gargan L, Cochran CJ, Kleiber B, Foxwell A, Farrow-Gillespie A, Orlino A, Germann JN J. Pediatr. Hematol. Oncol. 2012 Nov 34 8 624-9
- Pediatric Major Depressive Disorder: Questions to Consider
- Kennard, B.D., Foxwell, A.A., Mayes, T.L., Emslie, G.J. Psychiatric Times 2012
- Attention training for school-aged children with ADHD: results of an open trial.
- Tamm L, Hughes C, Ames L, Pickering J, Silver CH, Stavinoha P, Castillo CL, Rintelmann J, Moore J, Foxwell A, Bolanos SG, Hines T, Nakonezny PA, Emslie G J Atten Disord 2010 Jul 14 1 86-94
- Is obesity overrated as a "risk factor" for poor outcomes in chronic occupational spinal disorders?
- Mayer T, Aceska A, Gatchel RJ Spine 2006 Dec 31 25 2967-72
- Should obese patients be denied rehabilitation resources for chronic disabling occupational spinal disorders? (Abstract)
- Aceska, A., Mayer, T. & Gatchel, R.J. The Spine Journal 2005 5 935
- Children's response to terrorism: a critical review of the literature.
- Pfefferbaum B, Pfefferbaum RL, Gurwitch RH, Nagumalli S, Brandt EN, Robertson MJ, Aceska A, Saste VS Curr Psychiatry Rep 2003 Jun 5 2 95-100
- Dallas Psychological Association, Board Member (2014)
- Association of Behavioral and Cognitive Therapies (2008)
- American Psychological Association (2007)