Dr. Charles Eliot deGravelles graduated from Louisiana State University School of Medicine in 2002. He completed his residency in Psychiatry from UT Southwestern Medical Center in 2006 upon which he then joined the UT Southwestern faculty. He is board-certified in psychiatry and practices primarily with adults in outpatient and residential treatment settings.
Dr. deGravelles is medical director of Nexus Recovery Center, a drug treatment center for women and adolescent girls. In addition, he consults with the Parkland Violence Intervention Program for mental health treatment for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault in Dallas County and with the Parkland consult-liaison psychiatry team.
Dr. deGravelles has previously led a mental health outreach team for Parkland and been a principal investigator and study physician in substance abuse treatment research for the Clinical Trials Network associated with the National Institutes of Drug Abuse as well as working in student mental health at UT Southwestern. Currently he is seeing patients and supervising trainees at Parkland Hospital Psychiatry Consult Service, Parkland Behavioral Health Clinic, UT Southwestern Richardson, and the Nexus Recovery Center.
- Medical School
- Louisiana State University School of Medicine in New Orleans (2002)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2006), Psychiatry
- A randomized trial of concurrent smoking-cessation and substance use disorder treatment in stimulant-dependent smokers.
- Winhusen TM, Brigham GS, Kropp F, Lindblad R, Gardin JG, Penn P, Hodgkins C, Kelly TM, Douaihy A, McCann M, Love LD, DeGravelles E, Bachrach K, Sonne SC, Hiott B, Haynes L, Sharma G, Lewis DF, VanVeldhuisen P, Theobald J, Ghitza U J Clin Psychiatry 2014 Apr 75 4 336-43
- Rehabilitation medicine: concepts and trends.
- deGravelles W, Holt L Iowa Med 1990 Sep 80 9 428-30
- Urological management of patients with spinal cord injury and disease.
- KIRCHHEIM D, DEGRAVELLES WD J Iowa State Med Soc 1962 Feb 52 56-71