Dr. David M. Troendle graduated magna cum laudefrom Texas A&M University in College Station, with a B.S. in mechanical engineering and subsequently completed his medical studies at UT Southwestern Medical School. He completed his pediatric residency at UT Southwestern/Children’s Medical Center in Dallas where he was appointed co-chief pediatric resident from 2010-2011. He then went on to complete his fellowship in pediatric gastroenterology at UT Southwestern in 2014.
He is presently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics, Division of Gastroenterology at UT Southwestern. Dr. Troendle’s clinical interests are advanced and therapeutic endoscopy in children including ERCP and EUS. He has received numerous awards for his clinical research in pediatric endoscopy and is currently studying technical and clinical outcomes in pediatric ERCP.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2007)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2011), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern - Children's Medical Center (2014), Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Endoscopic outcomes in patients with recurrent and chronic pancreatitis
- Post-ERCP pancreatitis and its prevention
- Technical and clinical outcomes in pediatric ERCP
- Direct Costs of Acute Recurrent and Chronic Pancreatitis in Children in the INSPPIRE Registry.
- Ting J, Wilson L, Schwarzenberg SJ, Himes R, Barth B, Bellin MD, Durie PR, Fishman DS, Freedman SD, Gariepy CE, Giefer MJ, Gonska T, Husain SZ, Kumar S, Morinville VD, Lowe ME, Ooi CY, Pohl JF, Troendle D, Usatin D, Werlin SL, Wilschanski M, Heyman MB, Uc A J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2016 Mar 62 3 443-9
- Developing the Pediatric Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Unit - A Clinical Report by the Endoscopy and Procedures Committee.
- Pall H, Lerner D, Khlevner J, Reynolds C, Kurowski J, Troendle D, Utterson E, Evans PM, Brill H, Wilsey M, Fishman DS J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2016 Mar
- Pediatric Considerations in Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography.
- Troendle DM, Barth BA Gastrointest. Endosc. Clin. N. Am. 2016 Jan 26 1 119-36
- Pediatric chronic pancreatitis is associated with genetic risk factors and substantial disease burden.
- Schwarzenberg SJ, Bellin M, Husain SZ, Ahuja M, Barth B, Davis H, Durie PR, Fishman DS, Freedman SD, Gariepy CE, Giefer MJ, Gonska T, Heyman MB, Himes R, Kumar S, Morinville VD, Lowe ME, Nuehring NE, Ooi CY, Pohl JF, Troendle D, Werlin SL, Wilschanski M, Yen E, Uc A J. Pediatr. 2015 Apr 166 4 890-6.e1
- Factors associated with post-ERCP pancreatitis and the effect of pancreatic duct stenting in a pediatric population.
- Troendle DM, Abraham O, Huang R, Barth BA Gastrointest. Endosc. 2015 Feb
- Design and Implementation of INSPPIRE.
- Morinville VD, Lowe ME, Ahuja M, Barth B, Bellin MD, Davis H, Durie PR, Finley B, Fishman DS, Freedman SD, Gariepy CE, Giefer MJ, Gonska T, Heyman MB, Himes R, Husain S, Kumar S, Ooi CY, Pohl JF, Schwarzenberg SJ, Troendle D, Werlin SL, Wilschanski M, Yen E, Uc A J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2014 Sep 59 3 360-4
- ERCP can be safely and effectively performed by a pediatric gastroenterologist for choledocholithiasis in a pediatric facility.
- Troendle DM, Barth BA J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2013 Nov 57 5 655-8
- An 18-month-old boy with severe dermatitis, edema, muscle wasting.
- Mittal VS, Sathe M, Troendle D, Cox M Pediatr Ann 2011 Aug 40 8 393-6
Small Intestinal Bleeding. In Pediatric Gastroenterology: A Color Handbook, J. Pohl, C. Jolley, D. Gelfond, eds.
Troendle D, Barth BA (2014). Boca Raton, FL., CRC Press
Honors & Awards
- Cook Medical Travel Award
Indiana Univeristy ERCP Workshop (2014)
- NASPGHAN Nutrition University Travel Grant Award
- NASPHGAN Endoscopy Prize
Best abstract (2014)
- Pediatric Senior Fellow Symposium Award
Best poster - UT Southwestern (2014)
- W.W. Caruth Research Fellow's Award
Children's Medical Center Clinical Research Advisory Committee (2014)
- NASPHGAN Endoscopy Prize
Best abstract (2013)
- National Pancreas Foundation Fellow Symposium Travel Award
- Chief Pediatric Resident
UT Soutnwestern/Children's Medical Center (2010-2011)
- Pediatric Resident Advocacy Award
Most outstanding project - Children's Medical Center (2010)
- Pediatric Resident Research Award
Best research conducted during residency - Children's Medical Center (2010)
- NASPHGAN Teaching and Tomorrow Program Award
- ASGE Association for Bariatric Endoscopy (2016)
- ASGE Endoscopic Ultrasound Special Interest Group (2016)
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, Member (2013)
- NASPHGAN Endoscopy and Procedures Committee (2013)
- NASPHGAN ERCP Special Interest Group (2013)
- INSPPIRE Consortium (2012)
- Texas Society of Gastroenterology and Endoscopy (2012)
- American Board of Pediatrics (2010)
- Texas Medical Board (2010)
- National American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (NASPGHAN) (2007)
- Pediatric Society of Greater Dallas (2007)