Dr. David M. Troendle graduated magna cum laudefrom Texas A&M University in College Station, with a B.S. in mechanical engineering and subsequently completed his medical studies at UT Southwestern Medical School. He completed his pediatric residency at UT Southwestern/Children’s Medical Center in Dallas where he was appointed co-chief pediatric resident from 2010-2011. He then went on to complete his fellowship in pediatric gastroenterology at UT Southwestern in 2014.
He is presently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics, Division of Gastroenterology at UT Southwestern. Dr. Troendle’s clinical interests are advanced and therapeutic endoscopy in children including ERCP and EUS. He has received numerous awards for his clinical research in pediatric endoscopy and is currently studying technical and clinical outcomes in pediatric ERCP.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2007)
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2011), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2014), Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Endoscopic outcomes in patients with recurrent and chronic pancreatitis
- Post-ERCP pancreatitis and its prevention
- Technical and clinical outcomes in pediatric ERCP
- Therapeutic Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography in Pediatric Patients With Acute Recurrent and Chronic Pancreatitis: Data From the INSPPIRE (INternational Study group of Pediatric Pancreatitis: In search for a cuRE) Study.
- Troendle DM, Fishman DS, Barth BA, Giefer MJ, Lin TK, Liu QY, Abu-El-Haija M, Bellin MD, Durie PR, Freedman SD, Gariepy C, Gonska T, Heyman MB, Himes R, Husain SZ, Kumar S, Lowe ME, Morinville VD, Ooi CY, Palermo J, Pohl JF, Schwarzenberg SJ, Werlin S, Wilschanski M, Zimmerman MB, Uc A Pancreas 2017 Jul 46 6 764-769
- Early-Onset Acute Recurrent and Chronic Pancreatitis Is Associated with PRSS1 or CTRC Gene Mutations.
- Giefer MJ, Lowe ME, Werlin SL, Zimmerman B, Wilschanski M, Troendle D, Schwarzenberg SJ, Pohl JF, Palermo J, Ooi CY, Morinville VD, Lin TK, Husain SZ, Himes R, Heyman MB, Gonska T, Gariepy CE, Freedman SD, Fishman DS, Bellin MD, Barth B, Abu-El-Haija M, Uc A J. Pediatr. 2017 May
- Autoimmune Pancreatitis in Children: Characteristic Features, Diagnosis, and Management.
- Scheers I, Palermo JJ, Freedman S, Wilschanski M, Shah U, Abu-El-Haija M, Barth B, Fishman DS, Gariepy C, Giefer MJ, Heyman MB, Himes RW, Husain SZ, Lin TK, Liu Q, Lowe M, Mascarenhas M, Morinville V, Ooi CY, Perito ER, Piccoli DA, Pohl JF, Schwarzenberg SJ, Troendle D, Werlin S, Zimmerman B, Uc A, Gonska T Am. J. Gastroenterol. 2017 Apr
- Endoscopic Closure of Gastric Leak Following Sleeve Gastrectomy in a Pediatric Patient.
- Troendle DM, Qureshi F J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2017 Mar
- Digital Evaluation of the Biliopancreatic Tree: Cases From the Pediatric ERCP Database Initiative Consortium.
- Fishman DS, Giefer MJ, Barth B, Troendle DM J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2017 Feb
- The Causal Evaluation of Acute Recurrent and Chronic Pancreatitis in Children: Consensus From the INSPPIRE Group.
- Gariepy CE, Heyman MB, Lowe ME, Pohl JF, Werlin SL, Wilschanski M, Barth B, Fishman DS, Freedman SD, Giefer MJ, Gonska T, Himes R, Husain SZ, Morinville VD, Ooi CY, Schwarzenberg SJ, Troendle DM, Yen E, Uc A J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2016 Oct
- NASPGHAN Capsule Endoscopy Clinical Report.
- Friedlander JA, Liu QY, Sahn B, Kooros K, Walsh CM, Kramer RE, Lightdale JR, Khlevner J, McOmber M, Kurowski J, Giefer MJ, Pall H, Troendle DM, Utterson EC, Brill H, Zacur GM, Lirio RA, Lerner DG, Reynolds C, Gibbons TE, Wilsey M, Liacouras CA, Fishman DS J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2016 Sep
- Specialized Imaging and Procedures in Pediatric Pancreatology: A NASPGHAN Clinical Report.
- Lin TK, Troendle DM, Wallihan DB, Barth B, Fox VL, Fishman DS, Morinville VD J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2016 Aug
- Risk Factors Associated With Pediatric Acute Recurrent and Chronic Pancreatitis: Lessons From INSPPIRE.
- Kumar S, Ooi CY, Werlin S, Abu-El-Haija M, Barth B, Bellin MD, Durie PR, Fishman DS, Freedman SD, Gariepy C, Giefer MJ, Gonska T, Heyman MB, Himes R, Husain SZ, Lin TK, Lowe ME, Morinville V, Palermo JJ, Pohl JF, Schwarzenberg SJ, Troendle D, Wilschanski M, Zimmerman MB, Uc A JAMA Pediatr 2016 Apr
- Direct Costs of Acute Recurrent and Chronic Pancreatitis in Children in the INSPPIRE Registry.
- Ting J, Wilson L, Schwarzenberg SJ, Himes R, Barth B, Bellin MD, Durie PR, Fishman DS, Freedman SD, Gariepy CE, Giefer MJ, Gonska T, Husain SZ, Kumar S, Morinville VD, Lowe ME, Ooi CY, Pohl JF, Troendle D, Usatin D, Werlin SL, Wilschanski M, Heyman MB, Uc A J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2016 Mar 62 3 443-9
Small Intestinal Bleeding. In J. Pohl, C. Jolley, D. Gelfond, eds. Pediatric Gastroenterology: A Color Handbook.
Troendle D, Barth BA (2014). Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
Capsule Endoscopy and Small Bowel Enteroscopy. In Wyllie R, Hyams JS, Kay M, eds. Pediatric Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease. 5th ed.
Troendle DM, Barth BA. (2015). Elsevier; 740-747.
Honors & Awards
- NASPHGAN Endoscopy Prize
Best abstract (2016)
- Cook Medical Travel Award
Indiana Univeristy ERCP Workshop (2014)
- NASPGHAN Nutrition University Travel Grant Award
- Pediatric Senior Fellow Symposium Award
Best poster - UT Southwestern (2014)
- W.W. Caruth Research Fellow's Award
Children's Medical Center Clinical Research Advisory Committee (2014)
- NASPHGAN Endoscopy Prize
Best abstract (2013-2014)
- National Pancreas Foundation Fellow Symposium Travel Award
- Chief Pediatric Resident
UT Soutnwestern/Children's Medical Center (2010-2011)
- Pediatric Resident Advocacy Award
Most outstanding project - Children's Medical Center (2010)
- Pediatric Resident Research Award
Best research conducted during residency - Children's Medical Center (2010)
- NASPHGAN Teaching and Tomorrow Program Award
- ASGE Association for Bariatric Endoscopy (2016)
- ASGE Endoscopic Ultrasound Special Interest Group (2016)
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, Member (2013)
- NASPHGAN Endoscopy and Procedures Committee (2013)
- NASPHGAN ERCP Special Interest Group (2013)
- INSPPIRE Consortium (2012)
- Texas Society of Gastroenterology and Endoscopy (2012)
- American Board of Pediatrics (2010)
- Texas Medical Board (2010)
- National American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (NASPGHAN) (2007)
- Pediatric Society of Greater Dallas (2007)