Dr. David M. Troendle graduated magna cum laudefrom Texas A&M University in College Station, with a B.S. in mechanical engineering and subsequently completed his medical studies at UT Southwestern Medical School. He completed his pediatric residency at UT Southwestern/Children’s Medical Center in Dallas where he was appointed co-chief pediatric resident from 2010-2011. He then went on to complete his fellowship in pediatric gastroenterology at UT Southwestern in 2014.
He is presently an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics, Division of Gastroenterology at UT Southwestern. Dr. Troendle’s clinical interests are advanced and therapeutic endoscopy in children including ERCP and EUS. He has received numerous awards for his clinical research in pediatric endoscopy and is currently studying technical and clinical outcomes in pediatric ERCP.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2007)
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2011), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern/Children's Medical Center (2014), Pediatric Gastroenterology
- Endoscopic outcomes in patients with recurrent and chronic pancreatitis
- Post-ERCP pancreatitis and its prevention
- Technical and clinical outcomes in pediatric ERCP
- Digital Evaluation of the Biliopancreatic Tree: Cases From the Pediatric ERCP Database Initiative Consortium.
- Fishman DS, Giefer MJ, Barth B, Troendle DM J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2017 Feb
- The Causal Evaluation of Acute Recurrent and Chronic Pancreatitis in Children: Consensus From the INSPPIRE Group.
- Gariepy CE, Heyman MB, Lowe ME, Pohl JF, Werlin SL, Wilschanski M, Barth B, Fishman DS, Freedman SD, Giefer MJ, Gonska T, Himes R, Husain SZ, Morinville VD, Ooi CY, Schwarzenberg SJ, Troendle DM, Yen E, Uc A J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2016 Oct
- NASPGHAN Capsule Endoscopy Clinical Report.
- Friedlander JA, Liu QY, Sahn B, Kooros K, Walsh CM, Kramer RE, Lightdale JR, Khlevner J, McOmber M, Kurowski J, Giefer MJ, Pall H, Troendle DM, Utterson EC, Brill H, Zacur GM, Lirio RA, Lerner DG, Reynolds C, Gibbons TE, Wilsey M, Liacouras CA, Fishman DS J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2016 Sep
- Specialized Imaging and Procedures in Pediatric Pancreatology: A NASPGHAN Clinical Report.
- Lin TK, Troendle DM, Wallihan DB, Barth B, Fox VL, Fishman DS, Morinville VD J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2016 Aug
- Risk Factors Associated With Pediatric Acute Recurrent and Chronic Pancreatitis: Lessons From INSPPIRE.
- Kumar S, Ooi CY, Werlin S, Abu-El-Haija M, Barth B, Bellin MD, Durie PR, Fishman DS, Freedman SD, Gariepy C, Giefer MJ, Gonska T, Heyman MB, Himes R, Husain SZ, Lin TK, Lowe ME, Morinville V, Palermo JJ, Pohl JF, Schwarzenberg SJ, Troendle D, Wilschanski M, Zimmerman MB, Uc A JAMA Pediatr 2016 Apr
- Direct Costs of Acute Recurrent and Chronic Pancreatitis in Children in the INSPPIRE Registry.
- Ting J, Wilson L, Schwarzenberg SJ, Himes R, Barth B, Bellin MD, Durie PR, Fishman DS, Freedman SD, Gariepy CE, Giefer MJ, Gonska T, Husain SZ, Kumar S, Morinville VD, Lowe ME, Ooi CY, Pohl JF, Troendle D, Usatin D, Werlin SL, Wilschanski M, Heyman MB, Uc A J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2016 Mar 62 3 443-9
- Developing the Pediatric Gastrointestinal Endoscopy Unit - A Clinical Report by the Endoscopy and Procedures Committee.
- Pall H, Lerner D, Khlevner J, Reynolds C, Kurowski J, Troendle D, Utterson E, Evans PM, Brill H, Wilsey M, Fishman DS J. Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2016 Mar
- Pediatric Considerations in Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography.
- Troendle DM, Barth BA Gastrointest. Endosc. Clin. N. Am. 2016 Jan 26 1 119-36
- Pediatric chronic pancreatitis is associated with genetic risk factors and substantial disease burden.
- Schwarzenberg SJ, Bellin M, Husain SZ, Ahuja M, Barth B, Davis H, Durie PR, Fishman DS, Freedman SD, Gariepy CE, Giefer MJ, Gonska T, Heyman MB, Himes R, Kumar S, Morinville VD, Lowe ME, Nuehring NE, Ooi CY, Pohl JF, Troendle D, Werlin SL, Wilschanski M, Yen E, Uc A J. Pediatr. 2015 Apr 166 4 890-6.e1
- Factors associated with post-ERCP pancreatitis and the effect of pancreatic duct stenting in a pediatric population.
- Troendle DM, Abraham O, Huang R, Barth BA Gastrointest. Endosc. 2015 Feb
Small Intestinal Bleeding. In J. Pohl, C. Jolley, D. Gelfond, eds. Pediatric Gastroenterology: A Color Handbook.
Troendle D, Barth BA (2014). Boca Raton, FL: CRC Press.
Capsule Endoscopy and Small Bowel Enteroscopy. In Wyllie R, Hyams JS, Kay M, eds. Pediatric Gastrointestinal and Liver Disease. 5th ed.
Troendle DM, Barth BA. (2015). Elsevier; 740-747.
Honors & Awards
- NASPHGAN Endoscopy Prize
Best abstract (2016)
- Cook Medical Travel Award
Indiana Univeristy ERCP Workshop (2014)
- NASPGHAN Nutrition University Travel Grant Award
- Pediatric Senior Fellow Symposium Award
Best poster - UT Southwestern (2014)
- W.W. Caruth Research Fellow's Award
Children's Medical Center Clinical Research Advisory Committee (2014)
- NASPHGAN Endoscopy Prize
Best abstract (2013-2014)
- National Pancreas Foundation Fellow Symposium Travel Award
- Chief Pediatric Resident
UT Soutnwestern/Children's Medical Center (2010-2011)
- Pediatric Resident Advocacy Award
Most outstanding project - Children's Medical Center (2010)
- Pediatric Resident Research Award
Best research conducted during residency - Children's Medical Center (2010)
- NASPHGAN Teaching and Tomorrow Program Award
- ASGE Association for Bariatric Endoscopy (2016)
- ASGE Endoscopic Ultrasound Special Interest Group (2016)
- American Society for Gastrointestinal Endoscopy, Member (2013)
- NASPHGAN Endoscopy and Procedures Committee (2013)
- NASPHGAN ERCP Special Interest Group (2013)
- INSPPIRE Consortium (2012)
- Texas Society of Gastroenterology and Endoscopy (2012)
- American Board of Pediatrics (2010)
- Texas Medical Board (2010)
- National American Society for Pediatric Gastroenterology, Hepatology and Nutrition (NASPGHAN) (2007)
- Pediatric Society of Greater Dallas (2007)