Dr. Grishman joined the Division of Pediatric Endocrinology as an Assistant Instructor on July 1, 2006. She obtained her medical degree at Creighton University in 2000. She completed her residency training at Rainbow Babies and Childrens Hospital/University Hospitals of Cleveland in 2003 and a fellowship in Pediatric Endocrinology at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center in 2006. She is currently researching the pathophysiology of type 1 diabetes.
- Medical School
- Creighton University (2000)
- University Hospitals of Cleveland (2001), Pediatrics
- University Hospitals of Cleveland (2003), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern - Children's Medical Center (2006), Pediatric Endocrinology
- Type 1 Diabetes in Children
- Gene expression changes in human islets exposed to type 1 diabetic serum.
- Jackson AM, Kanak MA, Grishman EK, Chaussabel D, Levy MF, Naziruddin B Islets 2012 Jul-Aug 4 4 312-9
- Preliminary studies related to anti-interleukin-1ß therapy in children with newly diagnosed type 1 diabetes.
- Sumpter KM, Adhikari S, Grishman EK, White PC Pediatric diabetes 2011 Apr
- A modular analysis framework for blood genomics studies: application to systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Chaussabel D, Quinn C, Shen J, Patel P, Glaser C, Baldwin N, Stichweh D, Blankenship D, Li L, Munagala I, Bennett L, Allantaz F, Mejias A, Ardura M, Kaizer E, Monnet L, Allman W, Randall H, Johnson D, Lanier A, Punaro M, Wittkowski KM, White P, Fay J, Klintmalm G, Ramilo O, Palucka AK, Banchereau J, Pascual V Immunity 2008 Jul 29 1 150-64
- Gene expression profiling of human pancreatic islets undergoing a simulated process of instant blood-mediated inflammatory reaction.
- Jackson A, McWilliams C, Kaizer E, Chaussabel D, Glaser C, Noguchi H, Matsumoto S, Levy MF, Naziruddin B Transplant. Proc. 2008 Mar 40 2 430-2
- Gene expression in peripheral blood mononuclear cells from children with diabetes.
- Kaizer EC, Glaser CL, Chaussabel D, Banchereau J, Pascual V, White PC J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2007 Sep 92 9 3705-11
- Adherence to antimalarial combination therapy with sulfadoxine-pyrimethamine and artesunate in rural Tanzania.
- Kachur SP, Khatib RA, Kaizer E, Fox SS, Abdulla SM, Bloland PB Am. J. Trop. Med. Hyg. 2004 Dec 71 6 715-22
- Parenteral glutamine infusion alters insulin-mediated glucose metabolism.
- Borel MJ, Williams PE, Jabbour K, Levenhagen D, Kaizer E, Flakoll PJ JPEN J Parenter Enteral Nutr 1998 Sep-Oct 22 5 280-5
Honors & Awards
- Endocrine Society
Clinical Fellows Travel Grant to attend the 88th Annual Endocrine Society Meeting (2006)
- European Society for Pediatric Endocrinology Summer School for Fellows
Selected to attend the European Society for Pediatric Endocrinology Summer School for Fellows by the Lawson-Wilkins Pediatric Endocrine Society Awards Committee (2005)
- International Health Tract Completed
- Excellence in Patient Care Award
- Deans Letter of Commendation
- Dr. Roy Peterson Scholarship
for excellent academic and clinical performance in the third year of medical school (1999)
- American Diabetes Association (2014)
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Honorary Member, Lawson-Wilkins Pediatric Endocrine Society
- Texas Pediatric Society