Dr. Brinker grew up in Dallas and received her initial medical training at the University of Texas Houston. She completed her residency training in Internal Medicine and a fellowship in Hypertension at the University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center. She currently practices hospital medicine at Parkland Hospital and enjoys working with the medical students and residents on the wards. Dr. Brinker’s interests outside of medicine are mainly related to raising her young family.
- Medical School
- University of Texas Medical School at Houston (2008)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2011), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2013), Hypertension
- Hospital Medicine
- Improving barriers to medical adherence
- Therapeutic drug monitoring facilitates blood pressure control in resistant hypertension.
- Brinker S, Pandey A, Ayers C, Price A, Raheja P, Arbique D, Das S, Halm E, Kaplan N, Vongpatanasin W J. Am. Coll. Cardiol. 2013 Nov