Ruth Levitz, Ph.D., is a graduate of the Hebrew University and Tel Aviv University. She completed her postdoctoral studies at the Public Health Research Institute, Newark, New Jersey.
Dr. Levitz's research interests include studying phenotypic differences among naturally circulating respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) isolates. Her study involves screening, purifying and identifying multiple phenotypic differences among those RSV isolates as well as uncovering the genetic basis for these differences. She is also exploring whether genetic variation between clinical isolates corresponds to different capacities to elicit innate immune responses in human pulmonary epithelial cells, which results in different patterns of cytokine expression upon RSV infection.
- Hebrew University - Israel (1973)
- Graduate School
- Hebrew University - Israel (1975)
- Graduate School
- Unlisted - International Colle (1987)
- Cellular responses to RSV infection
- Drug discovery
- Recombinant negative stand RNA viruses
- Respiratory syncytial virus
- HIV-1 integrase blocks infection of bacteria by single-stranded DNA and RNA bacteriophages.
- Levitz R, Drlica K, Murphy E Mol. Gen. Genet. 1994 May 243 4 417-25
- Expression of functional ribozymes in bacteria
- Levitz, R., J-Y Wang, M. Sioud, K. Drlica Methods: A Companion to Methods in Enzymology; edited by J. Rossi 1993 Apr 5 29-35
- Induction of IL-6 and CCL5 (RANTES) in human respiratory epithelial (A549) cells by clinical isolates of respiratory syncytial virus is strain specific.
- Levitz R, Wattier R, Phillips P, Solomon A, Lawler J, Lazar I, Weibel C, Kahn JS Virol. J. 2012 9 190
- Introduction to the AfCS Antibody Database: Tabulation of Our Experience with Commercially Available Antibodies.
- Han H, Fulin B, Sorrells L, Levitz R, Sinkovits R, and Mumby S. AfCS Research Reports 2003 1(7); doi: 10 1038
- Cytotoxic hammerhead ribozymes.
- Levitz R, Dong Y, Wang JY, Jeng SW, Chen CR, Wang JW, Zhao X, Zhou J, Lu T, Drlica K Antisense Nucleic Acid Drug Dev. 1999 Apr 9 2 117-23
- Degradation of hammerhead ribozymes by human ribonucleases.
- Qiu L, Moreira A, Kaplan G, Levitz R, Wang JY, Xu C, Drlica K Mol. Gen. Genet. 1998 May 258 4 352-62
- In vivo decay kinetic parameters of hammerhead ribozymes.
- Sioud M, Opstad A, Zhao JQ, Levitz R, Benham C, Drlica K Nucleic Acids Res. 1994 Dec 22 25 5571-5
- Construction of a Synechocystis PCC6803 mutant suitable for the study of variant hexadecameric ribulose bisphosphate carboxylase/oxygenase enzymes.
- Amichay D, Levitz R, Gurevitz M Plant Mol. Biol. 1993 Nov 23 3 465-76
- The optional E. coli prr locus encodes a latent form of phage T4-induced anticodon nuclease.
- Levitz R, Chapman D, Amitsur M, Green R, Snyder L, Kaufmann G EMBO J. 1990 May 9 5 1383-9
- Bacteriophage T4 anticodon nuclease, polynucleotide kinase and RNA ligase reprocess the host lysine tRNA.
- Amitsur M, Levitz R, Kaufmann G EMBO J. 1987 Aug 6 8 2499-503
The Fluroquinolones as Antituberculosis Agents. In Rom WN, Garay SM, eds. Tuberculosis.
Drlica K, Malik M, Wang J-Y, Levitz R, Burger R. (1994). Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 817-827.
- Infectious Diseases Society of America (2011)