Ruth Levitz, Ph.D., is a graduate of the Hebrew University and Tel Aviv University. She completed her postdoctoral studies at the Public Health Research Institute, Newark, New Jersey.
Dr. Levitz's research interests include studying phenotypic differences among naturally circulating respiratory syncytial virus (RSV) isolates. Her study involves screening, purifying and identifying multiple phenotypic differences among those RSV isolates as well as uncovering the genetic basis for these differences. She is also exploring whether genetic variation between clinical isolates corresponds to different capacities to elicit innate immune responses in human pulmonary epithelial cells, which results in different patterns of cytokine expression upon RSV infection.
- Hebrew University - Israel (1973)
- Graduate School
- Hebrew University - Israel (1975)
- Graduate School
- "tel Aviv University,tel Aviv,isreal" (1987)
- Drug Discovery
- Signal Transduction
- HIV-1 integrase blocks infection of bacteria by single-stranded DNA and RNA bacteriophages.
- Levitz R, Drlica K, Murphy E Mol. Gen. Genet. 1994 May 243 4 417-25
- Expression of functional ribozyme in bacteria
- Levitz, R., J-Y Wang, M. Sioud, K. Drlica Methods: A Companion to Methods in Enzymology; edited by J. Rossi 1993 5 29-35
- Induction of IL-6 and CCL5 (RANTES) in human respiratory epithelial (A549) cells by clinical isolates of respiratory syncytial virus is strain specific.
- Levitz R, Wattier R, Phillips P, Solomon A, Lawler J, Lazar I, Weibel C, Kahn JS Virol. J. 2012 9 190
- Introduction to the AfCS Antibody Database: Tabulation of Our Experience with Commercially Available Antibodies.
- Han H, Fulin B, Sorrells L, Levitz R, Sinkovits R, and Mumby S. AfCS Research Reports 2003 1(7); doi: 10 1038
- Cytotoxic hammerhead ribozymes.
- Levitz R, Dong Y, Wang JY, Jeng SW, Chen CR, Wang JW, Zhao X, Zhou J, Lu T, Drlica K Antisense Nucleic Acid Drug Dev. 1999 Apr 9 2 117-23
- Degradation of hammerhead ribozymes by human ribonucleases.
- Qiu L, Moreira A, Kaplan G, Levitz R, Wang JY, Xu C, Drlica K Mol. Gen. Genet. 1998 May 258 4 352-62
- In vivo decay kinetic parameters of hammerhead ribozymes.
- Sioud M, Opstad A, Zhao JQ, Levitz R, Benham C, Drlica K Nucleic Acids Res. 1994 Dec 22 25 5571-5
- The effect of the locus pstB on phosphate binding in the phosphate specific transport (PST) system of Escherichia coli.
- Levitz R, Friedberg I, Brucker R, Fux A, Yagil E Mol. Gen. Genet. 1985 200 1 118-22
- A new locus in the phosphate specific transport (PST) region of Escherichia coli.
- Levitz R, Klar A, Sar N, Yagil E Mol. Gen. Genet. 1984 197 1 98-103
- Complementation tests between alkaline phosphatase-constitutive mutants (phoS and phoT) of Escherichia coli.
- Levitz R, Bittan R, Yagil E J. Bacteriol. 1981 Mar 145 3 1432-5