- "sf. Sava National College Bucharest, Romania" (1994), Biology
- Medical School
- "carol Davila University Bucharest, Romania" (2000), Medicine
- Na+/H+ exchange across biological membranes
- Proximal tubule ion transport in renal physiology and pathophysiology
- Renal handling and (patho)physiologic roles of uric acid
- Renal lipids and lipotoxicity
- Urinary proteins and RNA for clinical research/diagnostics
- Renal transport of uric acid: evolving concepts and uncertainties.
- Bobulescu IA, Moe OW Adv Chronic Kidney Dis 2012 Nov 19 6 358-71
- Renal lipid metabolism and lipotoxicity.
- Bobulescu IA Curr. Opin. Nephrol. Hypertens. 2010 Jul 19 4 393-402
- Acute Regulation of Renal Na+/H+ Exchanger NHE3 by Dopamine: Role of Protein Phosphatase 2A.
- Bobulescu IA, Quiñones H, Gisler SM, Di Sole F, Hu MC, Shi M, Zhang J, Fuster DG, Wright N, Mumby M, Moe OW Am. J. Physiol. Renal Physiol. 2010 Feb
- Reduction of renal triglyceride accumulation: effects on proximal tubule Na+/H+ exchange and urinary acidification.
- Bobulescu IA, Dubree M, Zhang J, McLeroy P, Moe OW Am. J. Physiol. Renal Physiol. 2009 Nov 297 5 F1419-26
- Luminal Na(+)/H (+) exchange in the proximal tubule.
- Bobulescu IA, Moe OW Pflugers Arch. 2009 May 458 1 5-21
- Effect of renal lipid accumulation on proximal tubule Na+/H+ exchange and ammonium secretion.
- Bobulescu IA, Dubree M, Zhang J, McLeroy P, Moe OW Am. J. Physiol. Renal Physiol. 2008 Jun 294 6 F1315-22
- Na+/H+ exchangers in renal regulation of acid-base balance.
- Bobulescu IA, Moe OW Semin. Nephrol. 2006 Sep 26 5 334-44
- Glucocorticoids acutely increase cell surface Na+/H+ exchanger-3 (NHE3) by activation of NHE3 exocytosis.
- Bobulescu IA, Dwarakanath V, Zou L, Zhang J, Baum M, Moe OW Am. J. Physiol. Renal Physiol. 2005 Oct 289 4 F685-91
- Na+/H+ exchangers: physiology and link to hypertension and organ ischemia.
- Bobulescu IA, Di Sole F, Moe OW Curr. Opin. Nephrol. Hypertens. 2005 Sep 14 5 485-94
- The reduction of Na/H exchanger-3 protein and transcript expression in acute ischemia-reperfusion injury is mediated by extractable tissue factor(s).
- Di Sole F, Hu MC, Zhang J, Babich V, Bobulescu IA, Shi M, McLeroy P, Rogers TE, Moe OW Kidney Int. 2011 Oct 80 8
Honors & Awards
- UT Southwestern Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
Haberecht Wildhare-Idea Research Award (2009)
- American Society of Nephrology
Carl W. Gottschalk Research Scholar Award (2008)
- Charles and Jane Pak Center for Mineral Metabolism and Clinical Research
Postdoctoral Fellowship Award (2005)
- National Kidney Foundation
Postdoctoral Fellowship Award (2003)
- American Physiological Society (2007)
- American Heart Association, Council on Kidney in Cardiovascular Disease (2006-2008)
- American Society of Human Genetics (2006-2007)
- American Association for the Advancement of Science (2005-2007)
- American Society of Nephrology (2002)