Dr. Sushmita Yallapragada is an alumnus of UT Southwestern Medical School. She completed her pediatrics residency at The University of Chicago and fellowship training in neonatology at Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine/Ann & Robert H Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago. She has also completed a masters in clinical investigation (MSCI) at Northwestern University. She joined the faculty in neonatal-perinatal medicine at UTSW in 2016 with a special interest in preterm infants with chronic lung diseases and respiratory failure. She has published work in placental histopathology and morphometrics in association with fetal and neonatal lung development, and is interested in carrying forward similar studies at UTSW. Dr. Yallapragada will be developing a specialized program for preterm infants with chronic lung diseases at Children’s Medical Center, thus creating a formalized method to help some of the sickest patients in the Neonatal ICU.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2009)
- University of Chicago Medical Center/Comer Children's Hospital (2012), Pediatrics
- McGaw Medical Center of Northwestern University/(Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital of Chicago) (2015), Neonatal-perinatal Medicine
- Graduate School
- Northwestern University Graduate School (2015), Clinical Investigation
- Developing a specialized clinical research program to study preterm infants who have chronic lung disease, pulmonary hypertension and chronic respiratory failure
- Successful medical management of a neonate with spontaneous splenic rupture and severe hemophilia A.
- Badawy SM, Rossoff J, Yallapragada S, Liem RI, Sharathkumar AA Hematol Oncol Stem Cell Ther 2016 Apr
- Placental Villous Vascularity Is Decreased in Premature Infants with Bronchopulmonary Dysplasia-Associated Pulmonary Hypertension.
- Yallapragada SG, Mestan KK, Palac H, Porta N, Gotteiner N, Hamvas A, Grobman W, Ernst LM Pediatr. Dev. Pathol. 2016 Mar-Apr 19 2 101-7
- Early-Life Exposure to Antibiotics, Alterations in the Intestinal Microbiome, and Risk of Metabolic Disease in Children and Adults.
- Yallapragada SG, Nash CB, Robinson DT Pediatr Ann 2015 Nov 44 11 e265-9
Honors & Awards
- Elected Associate Member of Perinatal Research Society
- Recipient of NIH Loan Repayment Award
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- Society for Pediatric Research