Dr. Blanco joined the faculty at UT Southwestern Medical Center on July 1, 2011. She practices general dermatology with an expertise in medical, cosmetic and surgical dermatology. She is a graduate of Tufts University and UT Southwestern Medical School, and completed her Surgery internship and Dermatology residency program at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She has a special interest in acne, skin cancers, skin of color, and cosmetic dermatology. In her cosmetic practice, she is involved in laser procedures, facial rejuvenation, injectables and fillers. Dr. Blanco stays active and involved in several national and local organizations and is a Diplomate of the American Board of Dermatology, and a member of the American Academy of Dermatology, Texas Dermatological Society, American Society for Dermatologic Surgery and the Skin of Color Society. In her free time, Dr. Blanco enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, reading, kickboxing and jogging.
|Medical School||UT Southwestern Medical Center (2007)|
|Internship||UT Southwestern Medical Center (2008), Surgery|
|Residency||UT Southwestern Medical Center (2011), Dermatology|
- How residency programs can foster practice for the underserved.
- Blanco G, Vasquez R, Nezafati K, Allensworth A, Bernstein IH, Cruz PD J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2012 Jul 67 1 158-9
- Cicatricial pemphigoid of the scalp mimicking discoid lupus erythematosus.
- Das S, Blanco G, Ahmed A, Tran KT, Matthews LA, Pandya AG J. Am. Acad. Dermatol. 2011 Oct 65 4 886-7
- Treatment of indeterminate cell hisiocytosis with pravastatin.
- Molly V. Burns, BS, Ammar Ahmed, MD, Gabriela Blanco Callaham, MD, Lu Le, MD, PhD, Clay Cockerell, MD Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology May 2011 64 (5) e85-e86
- A prospective, randomized, split-face, controlled trial of salicylic acid peels in the treatment of melasma in Latin American women.
- Sreedevi Kodali, MD, Ian L. Guevara, MD, Christina Carrigan, RN, Seema Daulat, MD, Gabriela Blanco, MD, Andreas Boker, MD, Linda S. Hynan, MD, Amit G. Pandya, MD Journal of the American Academy of Dermatology October 2010
- The role of the isomorphic phenomenon in distinguishing drug-induced linear IgA bullous dermatosis.
- I Lopez, G. Blanco Callahan, RG Grimwood, LQ Le Journal of Clinical & Experimental Dermatology September 2010 1-2
- American Academy of Dermatology
- American Medical Association
- Skin of Color Society
- Texas Medical Association