Craig J. Huang, M.D., F.A.A.P., is board certified in Pediatrics and Pediatric Emergency Medicine. Dr. Huang attended the University of Texas Medical Branch in Galveston for medical school (1992-1996), completed his pediatric residency at the Medical College of Virginia (1996-1999) and his pediatric emergency medicine fellowship at Eastern Virginia Medical School/Children’s Hospital of the King’s Daughters. He is a member of the American Academy of Pediatrics. His interests are: computers and other innovative technologies for medicine, medical informatics, and trauma.
- Medical School
- University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston (1996)
- Medical College of Virginia (1997), Pediatrics
- Medical College of Virginia (1999), Pediatrics
- Children's Hosp. of the King's Dghtrs-Norfolk (2002), Pediatric Emergency Medicine
- Apparent life threatening events (ALTEs)
- Resident/Fellow education
- Trauma and Burns
- Use of technology (handheld computers, digital cameras, computers) in pediatric emergency care
- Images in emergency medicine. 10-year-old female with a subglottic mass. Ranula.
- Thimann D, Huang C, Patel K Ann Emerg Med 2012 Nov 60 5 668, 677
- Validation and refinement of a prediction rule to identify children at low risk for acute appendicitis.
- Kharbanda AB, Dudley NC, Bajaj L, Stevenson MD, Macias CG, Mittal MK, Bachur RG, Bennett JE, Sinclair K, Huang C, Dayan PS Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 2012 Aug 166 8 738-44
- Benzonatate toxicity in a teenager resulting in coma, seizures, and severe metabolic acidosis.
- Thimann DA, Huang CJ, Goto CS, Feng SY J Pediatr Pharmacol Ther 2012 Jul 17 3 270-3
- Interrater reliability of clinical findings in children with possible appendicitis.
- Kharbanda AB, Stevenson MD, Macias CG, Sinclair K, Dudley NC, Bennett J, Bajaj L, Mittal MK, Huang C, Bachur RG, Dayan PS Pediatrics 2012 Apr 129 4 695-700
- Development of national standardized all-hazard disaster core competencies for acute care physicians, nurses, and EMS professionals.
- Schultz CH, Koenig KL, Whiteside M, Murray R Ann Emerg Med 2012 Mar 59 3 196-208.e1
- Cryptorchid testicular torsion
- Moore CP, Marr JK, Huang CJ Pediatric Emergency Care 2011 Feb 27 2 121-123
- Amylase and lipase measurements in paediatric patients with traumatic pancreatic injuries.
- Matsuno WC, Huang CJ, Garcia NM, Roy LC, Davis J Injury 2009 Jan 40 1 66-71
- Problems of the foreskin and glans penis
- Huang C Clinical Pediatric Emergency Medicine 2009 10 1 56-59
- Index of suspicion.
- Mettauer NL, Pierce CM, Peters MJ, Alletag M, Huang C, Kalu SU, Sullivan BJ Pediatr Rev 2008 Oct 29 10 355-61
- Lateral patellar dislocation with vertical axis rotation of the patella after attempted reduction of typical patellar dislocation.
- Huang CJ Pediatr Emerg Care 2008 Oct 24 10 694-6
Pediatric Prehospital Care; Interfacility Transport. In Strange G, Ahrens W, Schafermeyer R, Wiebe R, Prendergast H, Dobiesz V, eds. Pediatric Emergency Medicine: Just the Facts, 2nd ed.
Huang CJ, Sheehan M. (2011). McGraw-Hill.
Chest Trauma. In Stone C, Humphries R, Drigalla D, Stephan M, eds. LANGE Current Diagnosis and Treatment Pediatric Emergency Medicine.
Nesiama JO, Huang CJ. (2015). McGraw-Hill; 242-250.
Honors & Awards
- Ali Abdulla Al-Ubaydli Scholarship Winner for Mobile Medical Computing
Sponsored by Epocrates and Dr. Mohammad Al-Ubaydli (2008)
- Research Trainee Travel Award
Southern Society for Pediatric Research (2001)
- Young Investigators Award
Awarded by Southern Regional Societies Annual Meeting of the Ambulatory Pediatrics Association (2001)
- Fellows Award
Presented by the Ambulatory Pediatrics Association (2000)
- Outstanding Resident in Pediatric Emergency Department
Awarded by the Virginia Commonwealth University/Medical College of Virignia Hospitals (1999)
- Academic Pediatrics Association
- Ambulatory Pediatric Association
- American Academy of Pediatrics
- American College of Emergency Physicians, Member and Fellow
- American Medical Association
- Texas College of Emergency Physicians
- Texas Medical Association