- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2006)
- UT Southwestern - Children's Medical Center (2007), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern - Children's Medical Center (2009), Pediatrics
- UT Southwestern - Children's Medical Center (2013), Pediatric Hematology/oncology
- p53 genes function to restrain mobile elements.
- Wylie A, Jones AE, D'Brot A, Lu WJ, Kurtz P, Moran JV, Rakheja D, Chen KS, Hammer RE, Comerford SA, Amatruda JF, Abrams JM Genes Dev. 2015 Dec
- Invited reply to amikacin ototoxicity in children with cancer: the problem is the administration schedule.
- Chen K, Bach A, Shoup A, Winick N Pediatr Blood Cancer 2014 Feb 61 2 191
- Somatic mutations in DROSHA and DICER1 impair microRNA biogenesis through distinct mechanisms in Wilms tumours.
- Rakheja D, Chen KS, Liu Y, Shukla AA, Schmid V, Chang TC, Khokhar S, Wickiser JE, Karandikar NJ, Malter JS, Mendell JT, Amatruda JF Nat Commun 2014 2 4802
- Hearing loss and vestibular dysfunction among children with cancer after receiving aminoglycosides.
- Chen KS, Bach A, Shoup A, Winick NJ Pediatr Blood Cancer 2013 Jun
- A big catch for germ cell tumour research.
- Chen KS, Amatruda JF PLoS Genet. 2013 Apr 9 4 e1003481
- DNA methylation analysis reveals distinct methylation signatures in pediatric germ cell tumors.
- Amatruda JF, Ross JA, Christensen B, Fustino NJ, Chen KS, Hooten AJ, Nelson H, Kuriger JK, Rakheja D, Frazier AL, Poynter JN BMC Cancer 2013 13 1 313
- Hemolytic non-uremic syndrome.
- Chen KS, Neunert CE, Crary SE, Buchanan GR Pediatr Blood Cancer 2012 Jul 59 1 167-9
- A large T cell invagination with CD2 enrichment resets receptor engagement in the immunological synapse.
- Singleton K, Parvaze N, Dama KR, Chen KS, Jennings P, Purtic B, Sjaastad MD, Gilpin C, Davis MM, Wülfing C J. Immunol. 2006 Oct 177 7 4402-13
- Human natural killer cells: a unique innate immunoregulatory role for the CD56(bright) subset.
- Cooper MA, Fehniger TA, Turner SC, Chen KS, Ghaheri BA, Ghayur T, Carson WE, Caligiuri MA Blood 2001 May 97 10 3146-51
Honors & Awards
- Damon Runyon-Sohn Pediatric Cancer Fellow
- W.W. Caruth Scholar
Childrens Medical Center Foundation (2013)
- First Place, Critical Appraisal of Literature
Resident Section Poster Contest, Texas Pediatric Society (2008)
- American Association for Cancer Research (2012)
- American Society of Clinical Oncology (2010)
- American Society of Hematology (2010)
- American Society of Pediatric Hematology and Oncology (2010)