Qin Li, M.D., Ph.D., is a graduate of Tongji Medical College, Huazhong University of Science & Technology in China. She completed her postdoctoral training in the Department of Physiology at UT Southwestern.
Her basic research interests are in ion channel activity, understanding the mechanisms of bile formation, biliary secretion, and liver cell volume regulation.
- Medical School
- "medical College of Wuhan University,wuhan,hubei" (1985), Medicine
- Graduate School
- Tongji Medical of Huzhong Science and Technology (2001)
- Bile formation by the mechanosensor TRPV4
- Mechanosensitive ion channel activity in biliary epithelium
- Regulation of cholangiocyte secretion
- Vesicular nucleotide transporter-mediated ATP release regulates insulin secretion.
- Geisler JC, Corbin KL, Li Q, Feranchak AP, Nunemaker CS, Li C Endocrinology 2013 Feb 154 2 675-84
- Requirements for efficient correction of ?F508 CFTR revealed by analyses of evolved sequences.
- Mendoza JL, Schmidt A, Li Q, Nuvaga E, Barrett T, Bridges RJ, Feranchak AP, Brautigam CA, Thomas PJ Cell 2012 Jan 148 1-2 164-74
- IRBIT governs epithelial secretion in mice by antagonizing the WNK/SPAK kinase pathway.
- Yang D, Li Q, So I, Huang CL, Ando H, Mizutani A, Seki G, Mikoshiba K, Thomas PJ, Muallem S J. Clin. Invest. 2011 Mar 121 3 956-65
- A novel mode of TRPML3 regulation by extracytosolic pH absent in the varitint-waddler phenotype.
- Kim HJ, Li Q, Tjon-Kon-Sang S, So I, Kiselyov K, Soyombo AA, Muallem S EMBO J. 2008 Apr 27 8 1197-205
- Regulation of the P2X7 receptor permeability to large molecules by extracellular Cl- and Na+.
- Li Q, Luo X, Muallem S J. Biol. Chem. 2005 Jul 280 29 26922-7
- Borate transport and cell growth and proliferation. Not only in plants.
- Park M, Li Q, Shcheynikov N, Muallem S, Zeng W Cell Cycle 2005 Jan 4 1 24-6
- NaBC1 is a ubiquitous electrogenic Na+ -coupled borate transporter essential for cellular boron homeostasis and cell growth and proliferation.
- Park M, Li Q, Shcheynikov N, Zeng W, Muallem S Mol. Cell 2004 Nov 16 3 331-41
- Functional mapping of Ca2+ signaling complexes in plasma membrane microdomains of polarized cells.
- Li Q, Luo X, Muallem S J. Biol. Chem. 2004 Jul 279 27 27837-40
- Subpopulation of store-operated Ca2+ channels regulate Ca2+-induced Ca2+ release in non-excitable cells.
- Yao J, Li Q, Chen J, Muallem S J. Biol. Chem. 2004 May 279 20 21511-9
- Cell-specific behavior of P2X7 receptors in mouse parotid acinar and duct cells.
- Li Q, Luo X, Zeng W, Muallem S J. Biol. Chem. 2003 Nov 278 48 47554-61