- Medical School
- Medical Academy of Latvia (1992)
- Medical Academy of Latvia (1994), Intensive Care
- Yale University School of Medicine (1997), Internal Medicine
- University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry (1999), Internal Medicine
- UCLA School of Medicine (2001), Endocrinology & Metabolism
- Male Hypogonadism
- Male Menopause
- Male Osteoporosis
- Secondary Hypogonadism
- Testicular Hypofunction
- Testosterone Deficiency
- A randomized, placebo-controlled study of the effects of denosumab for the treatment of men with low bone mineral density.
- Orwoll E, Teglbjærg CS, Langdahl BL, Chapurlat R, Czerwinski E, Kendler DL, Reginster JY, Kivitz A, Lewiecki EM, Miller PD, Bolognese MA, McClung MR, Bone HG, Ljunggren O, Abrahamsen B, Gruntmanis U, Yang YC, Wagman RB, Siddhanti S, Grauer A, Hall JW, Boonen S J. Clin. Endocrinol. Metab. 2012 Sep 97 9 3161-9
- The role of 5a-reductase inhibition in men receiving testosterone replacement therapy.
- Gruntmanis U JAMA 2012 Mar 307 9 968-70
- Predictors of fracture risk and bone mineral density in men with prostate cancer on androgen deprivation therapy.
- Neubecker K, Adams-Huet B, Farukhi IM, Delapena RC, Gruntmanis U J Osteoporos 2011 2011 924595
- Management of osteoporosis in the aging male: focus on zoledronic acid.
- Piper PK, Gruntmanis U Clin Interv Aging 2009 4 289-303
- Male osteoporosis: deadly, but ignored.
- Gruntmanis U Am. J. Med. Sci. 2007 Feb 333 2 85-92
Honors & Awards
- Silver Pin Award
Latvian Association of Physicians (2009)
- Core Clerkship Teaching Award
- Daniel W. Foster, M.D. Award
Excellence in Teaching (2007)
- American - Latvian Medical Association (USA), Board
- Association of Program Directors in Internal Medicine
- The American Society for Bone and Mineral Research
- The Endocrine Society