Dr. John C. Alexander is board-certified in both Anesthesiology and Pain Management. He completed his undergraduate training at Texas A&M University where he was a summa cum laude graduate with a B.S. in Biomedical Science. He then attended medical school at UT Southwestern, graduating with an M.D. with Distinction in Research and he was the M.T. Pepper Jenkins Outstanding Medical Student in Anesthesiology. He completed his residency in Anesthesiology at UT Southwestern, and then his fellowship in Pain Management at the University of Cincinnati. Dr. Alexander's primary interests lie in interventional pain management and regional anesthesia.
- Graduate School
- UT Dallas/Naveen Jindall School of Management 2015
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2005)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2008), Anesthesiology
- University of Cincinnati Medical Center (2010), Pain Medicine
- Regional anesthesia techniques and outcomes
- Role of technology innovation in anesthesia practice
- Comparison of smartphone application-based vital sign monitors without external hardware versus those used in clinical practice: a prospective trial.
- Alexander JC, Minhajuddin A, Joshi GP J Clin Monit Comput 2016 May
- Analgesic utilization before and after rescheduling of hydrocodone in a large academic level 1 trauma center.
- Schultz S, Chamberlain C, Vulcan M, Rana H, Patel B, Alexander JC J Opioid Manag 2016 Mar-Apr 12 2 119-22
- Transversus Abdominis Plane Block Versus Surgical Site Infiltration for Pain Management After Open Total Abdominal Hysterectomy.
- Gasanova I, Alexander J, Ogunnaike B, Hamid C, Rogers D, Minhajuddin A, Joshi GP Anesth. Analg. 2015 Aug
- Clonidine, but not Dexamethasone, Prolongs Ropivacaine-Induced Supraclavicular Brachial Plexus Nerve Block Duration.
- Nasir D, Gasanova I, Drummond S, Alexander J, Howard J, Melikman E, Hill G, Minhajuddin A, Ogunnaike B, Whitten C Curr Clin Pharmacol 2017 Jun
- Smartphone Application-based Medical Devices: Twenty-first Century Data Democratization or Anarchy?
- Alexander JC, Joshi GP Anesth. Analg. 2016 Aug
- Smartphone applications for chronic pain management: a critical appraisal.
- Alexander JC, Joshi GP J Pain Res 2016 9 731-734
Cervical Pain. In Handbook of Musculoskeletal Pain and Disability Disorders in the Workplace
Alexander J, Rana H, Epps W (2014). New York, NY, Springer
Honors & Awards
- Fellowship Faculty of the Year 2017 - Pain Management
- American Society of Regional Anesthesia (2016)
- American Society of Anesthesiologists (2009)