Dr. Edaire Cheng obtained her BS degree from Rice University (2001) and her MD degree from University of Texas Southwestern Medical School (2005). She completed her residency in pediatric medicine (2008) and her fellowship in pediatric gastroenterology (2011) at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center/Children’s Medical Center in Dallas.
Dr. Cheng’s clinical interests include eosinophilic esophagitis, gastroesophageal reflux disease, and eosinophilic gastrointestinal disease. Her research interests include understanding the mechanisms of eosinophilic infiltration and tissue remodeling in the esophagus.
|Medical School||UT Southwestern Medical Center (2005)|
|Residency||UT Southwestern / Children's Medical Center (2008), Pediatrics|
|Fellowship||UT Southwestern / Children's Medical Center (2011), Pediatric Gastroenterology|
- Eosinophilic Esophagitis
- Eosinophilic Gastrointestinal Disease
- Gastroesophageal Reflux (GERD) - Heartburn
- Gastrointestinal Fibrosis
- Eotaxin-3 expression in eosinophilic esophagitis and GERD
- Therapeutic agents for eosinophilic esophagitis
- Tissue remodeling and fibrosis in eosinophilic esophagitis
- Deoxycholic acid causes DNA damage while inducing apoptotic resistance through NF-?B activation in benign Barrett's epithelial cells.
- Huo X, Juergens S, Zhang X, Rezaei D, Yu C, Strauch ED, Wang JY, Cheng E, Meyer F, Wang DH, Zhang Q, Spechler SJ, Souza RF Am. J. Physiol. Gastrointest. Liver Physiol. 2011 Aug 301 2 G278-86
- Cancer-related inflammation and Barrett's carcinogenesis: interleukin-6 and STAT3 mediate apoptotic resistance in transformed Barrett's cells.
- Zhang HY, Zhang Q, Zhang X, Yu C, Huo X, Cheng E, Wang DH, Spechler SJ, Souza RF Am. J. Physiol. Gastrointest. Liver Physiol. 2011 Mar 300 3 G454-60
Relationship of Eosinophilic Esophagitis To Gastroesophageal Reflux. In Eosinophilic Esophagitis
Edaire Cheng, Harlan Winter, Stuart Spechler (2011). New York, Springer
Honors & Awards
- Distinguished Achievement Award - North American Conference of Gastroenterology Fellows
Abstract and Travel Award (2011)
- Fellowship2Leadership Gastroenterology/Hepatology Fellows' Travel Grant
Travel Award (2010)
- Gastroenterology Research Group Fellows Travel Award
Abstract and Travel Award (2010)
- Magna Cum Laude
- American Gastroenterological Association (2009)
- Gastroenterology Research Group (2009)
- North American Society of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition (2008)
- American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP)