- Unlisted - International Colle , Animal Physiology
- Unlisted - International Colle (1997), Biology
- Graduate School
- Unlisted - International Colle (2001), Biology
- Streptomycin potency is dependent on MscL channel expression
- Irene Iscla, Robin Wray, Shuguang Wei, Bruce Posner and Paul Blount Nature Communications 2014
- Improving the Design of a MscL-Based Triggered Nanovalve.
- Iscla I, Eaton C, Parker J, Wray R, Kovács Z, Blount P Biosens Bioelectron 2013 3 1 171-184
- The dynamics of protein-protein interactions between domains of MscL at the cytoplasmic-lipid interface.
- Iscla I, Wray R, Blount P Channels (Austin) 2012 Jul-Aug 6 4 255-61
- Sensing and Responding to Membrane Tension: The Bacterial MscL Channel as a Model System.
- Iscla I, Blount P Biophys. J. 2012 Jul 103 2 169-74
- The oligomeric state of the truncated mechanosensitive channel of large conductance shows no variance in vivo.
- Iscla I, Wray R, Blount P Protein science : a publication of the Protein Society 2011 Jul 1638-42
- An in vivo screen reveals protein-lipid interactions crucial for gating a mechanosensitive channel.
- Iscla I, Wray R, Blount P FASEB J. 2011 Feb 25 2 694-702
- On the structure of the N-terminal domain of the MscL channel: helical bundle or membrane interface.
- Iscla I, Wray R, Blount P Biophys. J. 2008 Sep 95 5 2283-91
- Disulfide trapping the mechanosensitive channel MscL into a gating-transition state.
- Iscla I, Levin G, Wray R, Blount P Biophys. J. 2007 Feb 92 4 1224-32
- Defining the physical gate of a mechanosensitive channel, MscL, by engineering metal-binding sites.
- Iscla I, Levin G, Wray R, Reynolds R, Blount P Biophys. J. 2004 Nov 87 5 3172-80
- Structure and molecular mechanism of an anion-selective mechanosensitive channel of small conductance.
- Zhang X, Wang J, Feng Y, Ge J, Li W, Sun W, Iscla I, Yu J, Blount P, Li Y, Yang M Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 2012 Oct 109 44 18180-5
Honors & Awards
- American Heart Association, NCRP Scientist Development Grant
A novel approach for the study of function-structure relationships of channels involved in ischemia and angiogenesis. (2011-2015)
- Biophysical Society (2009)