Dr. Lilly attended Vanderbilt Medical School in Nashville, and then came to UT Southwestern for internal medicine residency in 1998. He joined the faculty at the Dallas VA Medical Center in 2001 and is currently director of the outpatient resident clinic at the VA (Prime Clinic), and is a frequent attending physician on the inpatient teaching service. He has been a long time member and co-chairman of the VA ethics committee. Clinical and academic interests include preventive and cardiovascular care, medical education, bioethics, medical administration and healthcare systems, and international health. Dr. Lilly’s interests outside of medicine include spending time with family, church, and sporting events.
|Undergraduate||Harvard University (1993)|
|Medical School||Vanderbilt University (1998), Medicine|
|Graduate School||University of Texas at Dallas (2009), Business Administration|
- Comparison of the risk of psychological and cognitive disorders between persistent and nonpersistent statin users.
- Lilly SM, Mortensen EM, Frei CR, Pugh MJ, Mansi IA Am. J. Cardiol. 2014 Oct 114 7 1035-9
- Anomalous origin of the right coronary artery from the left sinus of Valsalva associated with syncope in a young athlete.
- Lilly SM, Schussler JM, Stoler RC Proc (Bayl Univ Med Cent) 2011 Jan 24 1 13-4
- A "STEP" in the right direction.
- Lilly SM Am. Heart J. 2006 Oct 152 4 e31
- Program for Protection of Human Research Subjects at VANTHCS: Vulnerable Subjects.
- Lilly, SM VANTHCS Research Service Handbook 2003 76-77
- Society of General Internal Medicine (2004)