Dr. Nakonezny is an Associate Professor of Biostatistics in the Department of Clinical Sciences, Division of Biostatistics. He also holds a secondary faculty appointment in the Department of Psychiatry. Dr. Nakonezny has considerable experience in statistical methods and application of such methods to clinical research, including clinical trials, observational, and epidemiologic studies. Dr. Nakonezny has collaborated on an array of NIH-funded grants and research projects spanning theory, methodology, and application mainly to brain illness in such patients with major depressive disorder, schizophrenia, and substance use disorder. His work has been published in a variety of prominent peer-reviewed scientific journals, and he has presented at numerous national and international conferences.
- Graduate School
- University of Oklahoma Norman (1996)
- Antipsychotic medication adherence of persons with schizophrenia
- Design and analysis of clinical studies and outcomes research
- Statistical methodology and application of such methods to clinical research, including clinical trials, observational, and epidemiologic studies
- The application of mixed models, repeated measures analysis, linear and non-linear regression in the medical sciences
- Multicenter External Validation of the Geriatric Trauma Outcome Score: A Study by the Prognostic Assessment of Life and Limitations After Trauma in the Elderly [PALLIATE] Consortium.
- Cook AC, Joseph B, Inaba K, Nakonezny PA, Bruns BR, Kerby JD, Brasel KJ, Wolf SE, Cuschieri J, Paulk ME, Rhodes RL, Brakenridge SC, Phelan HA J Trauma Acute Care Surg 2015 Nov
- Sequential Treatment With Fluoxetine and Relapse-Prevention CBT to Improve Outcomes in Pediatric Depression.
- Kennard BD, Emslie GJ, Mayes TL, Nakonezny PA, Jones JM, Foxwell AA, King J Am J Psychiatry 2014 Jun
- Evidence for Increased Glutamatergic Cortical Facilitation in Children and Adolescents With Major Depressive Disorder.
- Croarkin PE, Nakonezny PA, Husain MM, Melton T, Buyukdura JS, Kennard BD, Emslie GJ, Kozel FA, Daskalakis ZJ JAMA Psychiatry 2013 Jan 1-9
- Acute myocardial infarction in young adults who abuse amphetamines.
- Westover, A.N., Nakonezny, P.A., and Haley, R.W. Drug and Alcohol Dependence 2008 96 49-56
- Electronic monitoring of antipsychotic medication adherence in outpatients with schizophrenia or schizoaffective disorder: An empirical evaluation of its reliability and predictive validity.
- Nakonezny, P.A., Byerly, M.J., & Rush, A.J. Psychiatry Research 2008 157 259-263
- Variations of Weight Loss Following Gastric Bypass and Gastric Band.
- Puzziferri, N., Nakonezny, P.A., Livingston, E.H., Carmody, T.J., Provost, D.A., & Rush, A.J. Annals of Surgery 2008 248(2) 233-242
- The effect of vitamin B12 deficiency on older veterans and its relationship to health.
- Bernard, M.A., Nakonezny, P.A., Kashner, T.M. Journal of the American Geriatrics Society 1998 46 (10) 1199-1206
- A comparison of various methods of measuring antidepressant medication adherence among children and adolescents with major depressive disorder in a 12-week open trial of fluoxetine.
- Nakonezny, P.A., Hughes, C.W., Mayes, T.L., Yang-Sternweis, K.H., Kennard, B.D., Byerly, M.J., and Emslie, G.J Journal of Child and Adolescent Psychopharmacology in press
- Hettmansperger and McKean linear model aligned rank test for the single covariate and one-way ANCOVA case.
- Nakonezny, P. A., & Shull, R. D. Journal of Modern Applied Statistical Methods 2007 6(1) 336-340
- Did divorces decline after the Oklahoma City bombing?
- Nakonezny, P.A., Rodgers, J.L., & Reddick, R.E. Journal of Marriage and Family 2004 66 90-100
- American Psychological Association
- American Statistical Association