Dr. Jacqueline O’Leary began her pursuit of research as an undergraduate at Stanford investigating drug development, continued at UCSF where she received an MD with thesis for work in cellular and molecular biology. Following her internal medicine residency at UT Southwestern in Dallas, Dr. O’Leary did a GI fellowship and transplant Hepatology fellowship at Massachusetts General Hospital. Her post-doctoral research there at Harvard focused on immunology. Afterward, she completed a Master’s in Public Health from the Harvard School of Public Health. These accomplishments make her uniquely poised to translate research findings into clinical care.
In addition to her clinical work as a transplant hepatologist, she received the Vanguard award, from the International Liver Transplant Society for her research on donor specific antibodies in liver transplantation. She consistently earns “Best Doctors in Dallas” awards and US News & World Report Top Doctors. Her clinical practice emphasizes personalized patient-centered care.
Dr. O’Leary’s interests outside of medicine include skiing, scuba diving, and playing tennis.
- Acute-on-Chronic Liver Failure
- Antibody Mediated Rejection in Liver Transplantation
- Chronic AMR in Liver Transplant: Validation of the 1-Year cAMR Score's Ability to Determine Long-term Outcome.
- O'Leary JG, Smith C, Cai J, Hart B, Jennings LW, Everly M, Klintmalm GB, Demetris AJ Transplantation 2017 Sep 101 9 2062-2070
- Acute Kidney Injury in Cirrhosis: Baseline Serum Creatinine Predicts Patient Outcomes.
- Wong F, O'Leary JG, Reddy KR, Garcia-Tsao G, Fallon MB, Biggins SW, Subramanian RM, Thuluvath PJ, Kamath PS, Patton H, Maliakkal B, Tandon P, Vargas H, Thacker L, Bajaj JS Am. J. Gastroenterol. 2017 Jul 112 7 1103-1110
- Non-HLA Antibodies Impact on C4d staining, Stellate Cell Activation and Fibrosis in Liver Allografts.
- O'Leary JG, Demetris AJ, Philippe A, Freeman R, Cai J, Heidecke H, Smith C, Hart B, Jennings LW, Catar R, Everly M, Klintmalm GB, Dragun D Transplantation 2017 Jun
- Gender-Specific Differences in Baseline, Peak, and Delta Serum Creatinine: The NACSELD Experience.
- O'Leary JG, Wong F, Reddy KR, Garcia-Tsao G, Kamath PS, Biggins SW, Fallon MB, Subramanian RM, Maliakkal B, Thacker L, Bajaj JS Dig. Dis. Sci. 2017 Mar 62 3 768-776
- Proposed Diagnostic Criteria for Chronic Antibody-Mediated Rejection in Liver Allografts.
- O'Leary JG, Cai J, Freeman R, Banuelos N, Hart B, Johnson M, Jennings LW, Kaneku H, Terasaki PI, Klintmalm GB, Demetris AJ Am. J. Transplant. 2016 Feb 16 2 603-14
- Sofosbuvir and Velpatasvir for HCV in Patients with Decompensated Cirrhosis.
- Curry MP, O'Leary JG, Bzowej N, Muir AJ, Korenblat KM, Fenkel JM, Reddy KR, Lawitz E, Flamm SL, Schiano T, Teperman L, Fontana R, Schiff E, Fried M, Doehle B, An D, McNally J, Osinusi A, Brainard DM, McHutchison JG, Brown RS, Charlton M N. Engl. J. Med. 2015 Dec 373 27 2618-28
- Impact of IgG3 subclass and C1q-fixing donor-specific HLA alloantibodies on rejection and survival in liver transplantation.
- O'Leary JG, Kaneku H, Banuelos N, Jennings LW, Klintmalm GB, Terasaki PI Am. J. Transplant. 2015 Apr 15 4 1003-13
- Long-term use of antibiotics and proton pump inhibitors predict development of infections in patients with cirrhosis.
- O'Leary JG, Reddy KR, Wong F, Kamath PS, Patton HM, Biggins SW, Fallon MB, Garcia-Tsao G, Subramanian RM, Malik R, Thacker LR, Bajaj JS Clin. Gastroenterol. Hepatol. 2015 Apr 13 4 753-9.e1-2
Honors & Awards
- Young Investigator Award
International Liver Transplant Society (2016)
- Clinical Science Investigator
American Society for Transplantation Award (2015)
- American Society of Transplantation (2017)
- American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases (2014)
- European Association for the Study of the Liver (2012)
- American Gastroenterology Association (2009)
- International Liver Transplant Society (2009)