Dr. Harrison is an Associate Professor of Psychiatry at UT Southwestern Medical Center with a special interest in women’s wellness and mental health. She received her medical degree at Hacettepe University Medical Center in Ankara, Turkey, and went on to obtain a Ph.D. in pharmacology at the same institution. Dr. Harrison was involved in psychopharmacology research at University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth before completing her residency training in psychiatry at UT Southwestern Medical Center. She joined the UT Southwestern psychiatry faculty in 2001.
Dr. Harrison has a passion for women’s mental health and wellness at all stages of life. She has been a member of the women’s mental health team at UT Southwestern psychiatry department and was instrumental in starting a wellness and mental health clinic at Obstetrics and Maternal Fetal Medicine clinic at UT Southwestern where women can be seen for both their obstetrics and mental wellness needs.
Dr. Harrison’s other interests include cross-cultural psychiatry and mental health issues associated with immigration.
- Medical School
- Hacettepe University (1987)
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2001), Psychiatry
- Cross-Cultural Psychiatry
- Depression & Anxiety Disorders
- Mental Health (Depression & Anxiety)
- Women's Mental Health & Wellness
Honors & Awards
- Outstanding Resident in Psychiatry, Department of Psychiatry, UT Southwestern Medical School
An award given to a graduating psychiatry resident (2000-2001)