- Medical School
- Wayne State University (1991)
- University Hospitals of Cleveland (1992), Internal Medicine
- MetroHealth Medical Center (1996), Anatomic Pathology
- The Picower Institute for Medical Research (1998), Research
- Harbor - UCLA Medical Center (2000), Surgical Pathology
- Parkland Health and Hospital System (2001), Cytopathology
- Endocrine Pathology
- Histologic transformation of EGFR mutant lung adenocarcinoma without exposure to EGFR inhibition.
- Le T, Sailors J, Oliver DH, Mayer M, Hoskin S, Gerber DE Lung Cancer 2017 Mar 105 14-16
- Radiation-induced KRAS G12V mutant lung adenocarcinoma in a never smoker
- Gibson MP, Sailors J, Oliver DH, Choy H, Gerber DE Cancer Treatment Communications 2016 7 8-10
- Histologic Transformation from Adenocarcinoma to Squamous Cell Carcinoma as a Mechanism of Resistance to EGFR Inhibition.
- Levin PA, Mayer M, Hoskin S, Sailors J, Oliver DH, Gerber DE J Thorac Oncol 2015 Sep 10 9 e86-8
- First-Line Use of Vemurafenib to Enable Thyroidectomy and Radioactive Iodine Ablation for BRAF-Positive Metastatic Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma: A Case Report.
- Dao BD, Lingvay I, Sailors J, Landay M, Shapiro G J Investig Med High Impact Case Rep 2015 Jul-Sep 3 3 2324709615603723
- Myogenic stem cell-laden hydrogel scaffold in wound healing of the disrupted external anal sphincter.
- Montoya TI, Acevedo JF, Smith B, Keller PW, Sailors JL, Tang L, Word RA, Wai CY Int Urogynecol J 2015 Feb
- Effect of myogenic stem cells on the integrity and histomorphology of repaired transected external anal sphincter.
- Fitzwater JL, Grande KB, Sailors JL, Acevedo JF, Word RA, Wai CY Int Urogynecol J 2014 Sep
- Intratumoral expression level of epidermal growth factor receptor and cytokeratin 5/6 is significantly associated with nodal and distant metastases in patients with basal-like triple-negative breast carcinoma.
- Sutton LM, Han JS, Molberg KH, Sarode VR, Cao D, Rakheja D, Sailors J, Peng Y Am. J. Clin. Pathol. 2010 Nov 134 5 782-7
- The unique simultaneous occurrence of granular cell tumor, gastrointestinal stromal tumor, and gastric adenocarcinoma.
- Sailors JL, French SW Arch. Pathol. Lab. Med. 2005 May 129 5 e121-3
- Stability of PreservCyt for Hybrid Capture (HC II) HPV test.
- Sailors J, Gander R, Saboorian MH, Berkley P, Foster B, Ashfaq R Diagn. Cytopathol. 2005 May 32 5 260-3
- Regulation of the CTL response by macrophage migration inhibitory factor.
- Abe R, Peng T, Sailors J, Bucala R, Metz CN J. Immunol. 2001 Jan 166 2 747-53
Honors & Awards
- College of American Pathologists Stipend
"Concepts in Molecular Biology", Bethesda, MD (1995)
- Honors Degree in Cellular & Molecular Biology
The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (1984)
- Sophomore Honors Award-Natural Science
The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (1982)
- Thomas J. Watson Memorial Scholarship
The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (1980)
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Clinical Pathologists
- American Society of Cytopathology
- College of American Pathologists
- North Texas Society of Pathology
- Texas Society of Cytology
- United States & Canadian Academy of Pathology