|Medical School||Wayne State University (1991)|
|Internship||University Hospitals of Cleveland (1992), Internal Medicine|
|Residency||MetroHealth Medical Center (1996), Pathology|
|Fellowship||The Picower Institute for Medical Research (1998), Research|
|Fellowship||Harbor - UCLA Medical Center (2000), Surgical Pathology|
|Fellowship||Parkland Health and Hospital System (2001), Cytopathology|
- Endocrine Pathology
- Intratumoral expression level of epidermal growth factor receptor and cytokeratin 5/6 is significantly associated with nodal and distant metastases in patients with basal-like triple-negative breast carcinoma.
- Sutton LM, Han JS, Molberg KH, Sarode VR, Cao D, Rakheja D, Sailors J, Peng Y Am J Clin Pathol 2010 Nov 134 5 782-787
- Pathology quiz case 2: salivary duct carcinoma (SDC) of the parotid gland with mucinous differentiation.
- Fishero BA, Sailors JL, Castrillon DH, Myers LL Arch. Otolaryngol. Head Neck Surg. 2010 May 136 5 523, 525-6
- Systemic amyloidosis presenting as chronic diarrhea in a patient with ankylosing spondylitis.
- McMahan ZH, Sailors JL, Toto R, Olsen NJ J Clin Rheumatol 2010 Jan 16 1 22-5
- The unique simultaneous occurrence of granular cell tumor, gastrointestinal stromal tumor, and gastric adenocarcinoma.
- Sailors JL, French SW Arch. Pathol. Lab. Med. 2005 May 129 5 e121-3
- Stability of PreservCyt for Hybrid Capture (HC II) HPV test.
- Sailors J, Gander R, Saboorian MH, Berkley P, Foster B, Ashfaq R Diagn. Cytopathol. 2005 May 32 5 260-3
- Multiple vaginal wall cysts: diagnosis and surgical management.
- Wai CY, Corton MM, Miller M, Sailors J, Schaffer JI Obstet Gynecol 2004 May 103 5 Pt 2 1099-1102
- Regulation of the CTL response by macrophage migration inhibitory factor.
- Abe R, Peng T, Sailors J, Bucala R, Metz CN. J Immunol 2001 166(2): 747-753
Honors & Awards
- College of American Pathologists Stipend
"Concepts in Molecular Biology", Bethesda, MD (1995)
- Honors Degree in Cellular & Molecular Biology
The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (1984)
- Sophmore Honors Award-Natural Science
The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (1982)
- Thomas J. Watson Memorial Scholarship
The University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI (1980)
- American Medical Association
- American Society of Clinical Pathologists
- American Society of Cytopathology
- College of American Pathologists
- North Texas Society of Pathology
- Texas Society of Cytology
- United States & Canadian Academy of Pathology