Dr. Carlson is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Pediatrics, Division of Critical Care, graduated in 1989 from The State University of New York College at Fredonia with a BS in recombinant gene technology, and a minor in chemistry. She completed work for a PhD in 1996 from the State University of New York at Buffalo, Roswell Park Division in Molecular and Cellular Biology.
|Undergraduate||State University of New York (gene Technology) , None|
|Graduate School||State University of New York (gene Technology) , None|
- Cardiac function following burn injury and sepsis
- The Role of Matrix Metalloproteinases in Cardiac Dysfunction
- Burn Trauma Alters Calcium Transporter Protein Expression in the Heart.
- Ballard-Croft C, Carlson DL, Maas DL, Horton JW J Applied Physiology 2004 97(4) 1470-1476
- Endotoxin infusion in mice results in cardiac apotosis via a TNF-a dependent pathway
- Carlson DL, White DJ, Horton JW and Giroir BP American Journal of Physiology: Heart and Circulatory Physiology 2003 Accepted, 2003.
- Myocyte apoptosis via endotoxin
- Carlson DL, LIghtfoot, Jr. E, Bryant DD, Haudek SB, Maass DL and Horton JW American Journal of Physiology: Heart and Circulatory Physiology 2002 282 H1907-H1914
- Antioxidant Vitamin Therapy Alters Sepsis-related Apoptotic Myocardial Activity and Inflammatory Responses.
- Carlson D, Maas DL, Tan J, Horton JW J Physiol Heart Circ Physiol December 2006 291(6) H2779-H2789
- Cardiac Molecular Signaling after Burn Trauma
- Carlson DL, Horton JW J Burn Care Research September 2006 27(5) 669-75
- Macrophage Migration Inhibitory Factor (MIF) is a Burn Trauma Induced Cardiac Depressant.
- Willis MS, Carlson DL, DiMiao JM, White MD, White DJ, Horton JW, Giroir BP. AJP Heart and Circ. 2005 288(2) H795-H804
- TNF-alpha Induced Caspase Activation Mediates Endotoxin Related Cardiac Dysfunction.
- Carlson DL, Willis MS, White DJ, Horton JW, Giroir BP Critical Care Medicine 2005 33(5) 1021-1028
- A three-component dicamba O-demethylase from Pseudomonas maltophilia, strain DI-6: purification and characterization.
- Chakraborty S., Behrens M., Herman PL, Arendsen AF, Hagan WR, Carlson DL, Wang XZ, Weeks DP Arch Biochem Biophys 2005 437(1) 20-28
Honors & Awards
- Member since 2005
International Shock Society Presential Committee for Publications (2007)
- Research Citation Finalist
Society for Critical Care Medicine 36th Annual Congress (2007)
- Most Outstanding Presentation Award
Shock Society 28th Annual Conference (2005)
- Outstanding Young Investigator Award
James Carrico Research Forum, UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas (2001)
National Biological Honor Society (1989)
- 2005-2006 International Shock Society Presidential Committee for Publications
- American Burn Association
- American Heart Association
- International Shock Society
- Society of Critical Care Medicine