Dr. Ulualp is a graduate of Istanbul University Cerrahpasa Medical School. Upon completion of his Otorhinolaryngology residency training at the Haydarpasa Numune Training and Research Hospital in Istanbul, he conducted research at the Dysphagia Institute of Medical College of Wisconsin. He completed pediatric otolaryngology fellowship training at Women and Children’s Hospital of Buffalo, State University of New York at Buffalo, New York. He served as the Director of Pediatric Otolaryngology and the Medical Director of Specialty Care Clinic at University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston prior to joining UT Southwestern Medical Center. Dr. Ulualp applies multidisciplinary team approach in his practice. His practice style is based on performing the assessment of the patient’s problem through careful listening and explaining the diagnosis and management in simple terms to achieve mutual understanding. Dr. Ulualp is an author and co-author of over 90 peer-reviewed and invited manuscripts, abstracts, and presentations.
- Medical School
- University of Istanbul (1992)
- Haydarpasa Numune & Egitm & Arastirma Hastanesi (1996), Otolaryngology
- State University of New York at Buffalo (2005), Pediatric Otolaryngology
- Application of lasers in pediatric otolaryngology
- Gastroesophageal reflux associated pediatric otolaryngologic disorder
- Outcomes analysis for pediatric otolaryngologic disorders
- Pediatric airway, swallowing, and voice Disorders
- Pediatric obstructive sleep apnea
- Flexible laryngoscopy-guided pharyngeal pH monitoring in infants.
- Ulualp S, Rodriguez S, Holmes-Wright C. Laryngoscope 2007 117(4) 577-50
- Pharyngeal acid reflux events in single and multiple otolaryngologic disorders.
- Ulualp SO, Toohill RJ, Shaker R. Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery 1999 121 725-730
- Course of proptosis in patients with Graves? disease after endoscopic orbital decompression
- Ulualp SO, Massaro B, Toohill RJ Laryngoscope 1999 109 1217-1222
- Pharyngo-UES contractile reflex in patients with posterior laryngitis.
- Ulualp SO, Toohill RJ, Kern M, Shaker R. Laryngoscope 1998 108 1354-1357
- Functional magnetic resonance imaging of auditory cortex activation in children.
- Ulualp SO, Biswal BB, Yetkin FZ, Kidder TM Laryngoscope 1998 108 1782-1786
- Bilateral atresia of submandibular duct orifices
- Ulualp S, Rodriguez S, Hernandez J, Hay M. American Journal of Otolaryngology March 2007 28 184-186
- Pharyngeal pH monitoring in infants with laryngitis
- Ulualp SO, Rodriguez S, Shen J, Cunningham S, Holmes-Wright C. 2007 2007 137 776-779
- Microdebrider removal of tracheal papilloma in the child with obstructed laryngeal inlet
- Ulualp SO, Ryan MW, Wright ST The Journal of Laryngology and Otology 2007 121 1070-1072
- Monitoring of gastric acid suppression in patients with extraesophageal reflux disease
- Ulualp SO, Brodsky L. International Journal of Pediatric Otorhinolaryngology 2007 71 1849-1853
- Spectrum of middle and inner ear abnormalities in infants with congenital heart defect
- Ulualp SO, Wright CG, Roland PS Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery 2005 133 (2) 260-8
Honors & Awards
- Resident Travel Grant (Mentor)
American Society for Laser Medicine and Surgery (2007)
- Poster Competition Second Place
American Laryngological, Rhinological, and Otological Society (2004)
- Poster of Distinction
American Gastroenterological Association (1998)
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine
- American Adacemy of Otolaryngology -Head and Neck Surgery
- Dysphagia Research Society
- Society for Ear, Nose, and Throat Advances in Children