Dr. Anne Satterthwaite received a B.S. in Life Sciences from MIT and a PhD in Cell and Developmental Biology from the Division of Medical Sciences at Harvard University. She subsequently pursued postdoctoral work with Dr. Owen Witte at UCLA where she developed an interest in understanding the signaling pathways that regulate B lymphocyte development and function. A member of the UT Southwestern faculty since 2000, her recent work has focused primarily on elucidating the contribution of B cell signaling pathways to B cell tolerance and autoimmunity.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1987), Science
- Graduate School
- Harvard University (1993), Biology
- B cell development
- Signal transduction
- A Balance between B Cell Receptor and Inhibitory Receptor Signaling Controls Plasma Cell Differentiation by Maintaining Optimal Ets1 Levels.
- Luo W, Mayeux J, Gutierrez T, Russell L, Getahun A, Müller J, Tedder T, Parnes J, Rickert R, Nitschke L, Cambier J, Satterthwaite AB, Garrett-Sinha LA J. Immunol. 2014 Jun
- IL-21 promotes the production of anti-DNA IgG but is dispensable for kidney damage in lyn(-/-) mice.
- Gutierrez T, Mayeux JM, Ortega SB, Karandikar NJ, Li QZ, Rakheja D, Zhou XJ, Satterthwaite AB Eur. J. Immunol. 2013 Feb 43 2 382-93
- Modulating proximal cell signaling by targeting Btk ameliorates humoral autoimmunity and end-organ disease in murine lupus.
- Hutcheson J, Vanarsa K, Bashmakov A, Grewal S, Sajitharan D, Chang BY, Buggy JJ, Zhou XJ, Du Y, Satterthwaite AB, Mohan C Arthritis Res. Ther. 2012 Nov 14 6 R243
- Separate checkpoints regulate splenic plasma cell accumulation and IgG autoantibody production in Lyn-deficient mice.
- Gutierrez T, Halcomb KE, Coughran AJ, Li QZ, Satterthwaite AB Eur. J. Immunol. 2010 Jul 40 7 1897-905
- Btk regulates localization, in vivo activation, and class switching of anti-DNA B cells.
- Halcomb KE, Musuka S, Gutierrez T, Wright HL, Satterthwaite AB Mol. Immunol. 2008 Dec 46 2 233-41
- Btk and phospholipase C gamma 2 can function independently during B cell development.
- Halcomb KE, Contreras CM, Hinman RM, Coursey TG, Wright HL, Satterthwaite AB Eur. J. Immunol. 2007 Apr 37 4 1033-42
- Btk regulates multiple stages in the development and survival of B-1 cells.
- Contreras CM, Halcomb KE, Randle L, Hinman RM, Gutierrez T, Clarke SH, Satterthwaite AB Mol. Immunol. 2007 Apr 44 10 2719-28
- B cell receptor signaling down-regulates forkhead box transcription factor class O 1 mRNA expression via phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and Bruton's tyrosine kinase.
- Hinman RM, Bushanam JN, Nichols WA, Satterthwaite AB J. Immunol. 2007 Jan 178 2 740-7
- Autoreactive B cell responses to RNA-related antigens due to TLR7 gene duplication.
- Pisitkun P, Deane JA, Difilippantonio MJ, Tarasenko T, Satterthwaite AB, Bolland S Science 2006 Jun 312 5780 1669-72
X-linked Agammaglobulinemia: A Disease of Btk tyrosine kinase.. In Primary Immunodeficiency Diseases: A Molecular and Genetic Approach, 2nd ed.
Smith CIE, Satterthwaite AB, and Witte ON (). New York, NY, Oxford University Press
Honors & Awards
- Southwestern Medical Foundation Scholar in Biomedical Research
UT Southwestern (2000)
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Special Fellowship
- Irvington Institute for Immunological Research Postdoctoral Fellowship
- American Association of Immunologists (2004)