Prior to joining the UT Southwestern faculty in 2000, Dr. Anne Satterthwaite received a bachelors degree in Life Sciences from MIT and a PhD in Cell and Developmental Biology from the Division of Medical Sciences at Harvard University. She subsequently pursued postdoctoral work with Dr. Owen Witte at UCLA where she developed an interest in understanding the signaling pathways that regulate B lymphocyte development and function.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (1987), Science
- Graduate School
- Harvard University (1993), Biology
- B cell development
- Signal transduction
- Shared signaling networks active in B cells isolated from genetically distinct mouse models of lupus
- Wu T, Qin X, Korepa Z, Raman K, Bhaskarabhalta M, Zhou XJ, Satterthwaite AB, Davis LS, Mohan C. J. Clin. Invest. August 2007 117 2186-2196
- Autoreactive B Cell Responses to RNA-Related Antigens Due to TLR7 Gene Duplication
- Pisitkun P, Deane JA, Difilippantonio MJ, Tarasenko T, Satterthwaite AB, and Bolland S Science June 2006 312 1669-72
- Reduced dosage of Brutons tyrosine kinase uncouples B cell hyperresponsiveness from autoimmunity in Lyn-/- mice.
- Whyburn LR, Halcomb KE, Contreras C, Lowell CA, Witte ON, and Satterthwaite AB J. Immunol. August 2003 171 1850-58.
- Independent and opposing roles for Btk and lyn in B and myeloid signaling pathways
- Satterthwaite AB, Lowell CA, Khan WN, Sideras P, Alt F, and Witte ON Journal of Experimental Medicine September 1998 188/5 833-44
- Btk dosage determines sensitivity to B cell antigen receptor crosslinking
- Satterthwaite AB, Cheroutre H, Khan WN, Sideras P, and Witte ON Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences November 1997 94/24 13152-7
- Foxo3-/- mice demonstrate reduced numbers of pre-B and recirculating B cells but normal splenic B cell subpopulations.
- Hinman RM, Nichols WA, Diaz TM, Gallardo TD, Castriollon DH, and Satterthwaite AB International Immunology July 2009 21 831-842
- Btk regulates localization, in vivo activation, and class switching of anti-DNA B cells.
- Halcomb KE, Musuka S, Gutierrez T, Wright HL, Satterthwaite AB Molecular Immunology December 2008 46 233-241
- Btk and PLCg2 can function independently during B cell development
- Halcomb KE, Contreras CM, Coursey TG, Hinman RM, Wright HL, and Satterthwaite AB Eur. J. Immunol. April 2007 37 1033-42
- Btk regulates multiple stages in the development and survival of B-1 cells
- Contreras CM, Halcomb KE, Randle L, Hinman RM, Gutierrez T, Clarke SH, and Satterthwaite AB Mol. Immunol. April 2007 44 2719-28
- B cell receptor signaling down-regulates forkhead box transcription factor class O 1 mRNA expression via phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase and Brutons tyrosine kinase.
- Hinman RM, Bushanam JN, Nichols WA, and Satterthwaite AB J. Immunol. January 2007 178 740-7
Honors & Awards
- Southwestern Medical Foundation Scholar in Biomedical Research
UT Southwestern (2000)
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Special Fellowship
- Irvington Institute for Immunological Research Postdoctoral Fellowship
- American Association of Immunologists