Dr. Tian grew up in the suburbs of Dallas, Texas. She received her medical degree at UT Southwestern Medical Center and completed residency training at Emory University. Drawn to the fusion of analytical thinking, procedural expertise, and visual pathology in the field of gastroenterology, she returned home to complete a gastroenterology fellowship at UT Southwestern. During fellowship training, she developed an enduring clinical and research interest in promoting patient-centered education in gastrointestinal diseases such as colorectal cancer and optimizing delivery of quality care. Dr. Tian brings to UTSW a strong background in general gastroenterology and medical education. Her interests outside of medicine include spending time with family, traveling the world, cooking, and tasting ethnic cuisines.
- Medical School
- UT Southwestern Medical School (2009)
- Emory University School of Medicine (2012), Internal Medicine
- UT Southwestern Medical Center (2015), Gastroenterology
- Colorectal Cancer and Screening
- Patient Education
- Quality Improvement
- Periprocedural management of aspirin during colonoscopy: a survey of practice patterns in the United States.
- Robbins R, Tian C, Singal A, Agrawal D Gastrointest. Endosc. 2015 Nov 82 5 895-900
- Clinical reminders for hepatocellular carcinoma surveillance: an early step in a long journey.
- Tian C, Singal AG Clin. Gastroenterol. Hepatol. 2015 Jan 13 1 180-2
- Contrasting Perspectives of Anesthesiologists and Gastroenterologists on the Optimal Time Interval between Bowel Preparation and Endoscopic Sedation.
- Agrawal D, Marull J, Tian C, Rockey DC Gastroenterol Res Pract 2015 2015 497176
- Readability, suitability, and health content assessment of web-based patient education materials on colorectal cancer screening.
- Tian C, Champlin S, Mackert M, Lazard A, Agrawal D Gastrointest. Endosc. 2014 Aug 80 2 284-90
- Diagnostic paracentesis is associated with improved survival among hospitalized patients with cirrhosis.
- Tian C, Singal AG Gastroenterology 2014 Mar 146 3 858-9
- Cannulation time is a more accurate measure of cannulation difficulty in endoscopic retrograde cholangiopancreatography than the number of attempts.
- Tian C, Gamboa A, Chaudhury B, Willingham FF, Keilin S, Cai Q Gastroenterol Rep (Oxf) 2013 Nov 1 3 193-7
- Identification of small-molecule inhibitors of the colorectal cancer oncogene Krüppel-like factor 5 expression by ultrahigh-throughput screening.
- Bialkowska AB, Crisp M, Bannister T, He Y, Chowdhury S, Schürer S, Chase P, Spicer T, Madoux F, Tian C, Hodder P, Zaharevitz D, Yang VW Mol. Cancer Ther. 2011 Nov 10 11 2043-51
Honors & Awards
- Salix Travel Award
Digestive Diseases Week Conference (2014)
- Phi Beta Kappa
Honorary Academic Society (2005)
- American College of Gastroenterology (2015)
- American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (2014)
- American Gastroenterology Association (2012)